Taylor County, Wisconsin
|Taylor County, Wisconsin|
Location in the state of Wisconsin
Wisconsin's location in the U.S.
984 sq mi (2,549 km²)
975 sq mi (2,525 km²)
10 sq mi (26 km²), 0.98%
21/sq mi (8/km²)
Geography[change | change source]
|WI Counties 1900-1990|
The county has a total area of 984 square miles (2,550 km2). Of this, 975 square miles (2,530 km2) is land and 10 square miles (26 km2) (0.98%) is water.
Cities, villages, and towns[change | change source]
Unincorporated communities[change | change source]
- Gad (partial)
- Jump River
- Little Black
References[change | change source]
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Reminiscences and Anecdotes of early Taylor County, Arthur J. Latton's early history, courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Taylor County official website
- Tannery, Dr. Loretta Kuse's page on early tanneries in Taylor County, with old photos.
- Map of Taylor County, Wisconsin, a plat map of the county from around 1900, showing owners, homes, sawmills, schools and churches at the time, courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.