Telefe (acronym for Televisión Federal) is a television station located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The station is owned and operated by ViacomCBS through Televisión Federal S.A. Telefe is also one of Argentina's six national television networks. Its studios are located on Martínez, Buenos Aires, adjacent to the corporate headquarters; its transmitter is located at the Alas Building.
|Headquarters||Cuyo 1844, Martínez, Buenos Aires|
|Owner||ViacomCBS Networks Americas|
|Founded||January 15, 1990(31 years ago)|
|LS 84 TV, Buenos Aires|
|Script error: No such module "Type in location".|
|Channels||Analog: 11 (VHF)|
Digital: 34 (UHF) (Buenos Aires only)
|Owner||ViacomCBS Networks Americas |
(Televisión Federal S.A.)
First air date
|December 19, 1957|
In areas of Argentina where a Telefe station isn't receivable over-the-air, it is available on satellite and select cable systems. Telefe also has an international network (Telefe Internacional) which is available in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Oceania.
Digital channels[change | change source]
The station's digital signal is multiplexed:
|34.1||1080i||16:9||Main LS84 TV programming|
|34.31||240p||4:3||Main LS84 TV programming (mobile version)|
Criticisms and controversies[change | change source]
Special program to Emilio Disi[change | change source]
In March 2018, during the death of the Argentine actor and comedian Emilio Disi at the age of 75, after the news of his death was known, the channel wanted to promote a special with the best moments of the actor with Susana Giménez. After criticism and controversy, the channel could not broadcast it.
Affiliates[change | change source]
The network currently has eight owned-and-operated stations and current affiliation agreements with other television stations.
Owned and operated[change | change source]
All of the owned-and-operated stations (except LRK458 TV) joined Telefe in April 1998, after Editorial Atlántida acquired a majority stake of the former Televisoras Provinciales. LRK458 TV (now known as Telefe Tucumán) was the last to join Telefe in March 2000.
|Province||City of license||Station||Branding||Channel|
|City of Buenos Aires||Buenos Aires||LS84 TV||Telefe||11||34|
|Buenos Aires||Bahía Blanca||LU80 TV||Telefe Bahía Blanca||9||N/A|
|Mar del Plata||LRI486 TV||Telefe Mar del Plata||8||N/A|
|Córdoba||Córdoba||LV85 TV||Telefe Córdoba||8||29|
|Neuquén||Neuquén||LU84 TV||Telefe Neuquén||7||N/A|
|Salta||Salta||LW82 TV||Telefe Salta||11||N/A|
|Santa Fe||Rosario||LT84 TV||Telefe Rosario||5||38|
|Santa Fe||LT82 TV||Telefe Santa Fe||13||N/A|
|Tucumán||San Miguel de Tucumán||LRK458 TV||Telefe Tucumán||8||N/A|
Affiliates[change | change source]
|Province||City of license||Station||Branding||Channel||Owner|
|Córdoba||Río Cuarto||LV86 TV||Canal 13/Canal 29 HD||13||29||Imperio Televisión S.A.|
|Corrientes||Corrientes||LT80 TV||13 Max Digital||13||32||Jorge Félix Gómez & Carlos Antonio Smith|
|Mendoza||Mendoza||LV83 TV||Canal 9 Televida||9||28||Cuyo Televisión S.A. & Los Andes|
|Misiones||Posadas||LW90 TV||Canal 2||2||N/A||La Verdad S.R.L.|
|San Juan||San Juan||LK87 TV||Telesol||5||36||Andina S.A.|
|Santiago del Estero||Santiago del Estero||LW81 TV||Canal 7||7||42||CAS TV S.A.|
References[change | change source]
- "Viacom compra Telefe a Telefónica por US$345 millones de dólares" (in Spanish). Telefe.com. November 15, 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "VIACOM INAUGURÓ NUEVO EDIFICIO CORPORATIVO EN BUENOS AIRES". Newsline Report (in Spanish). April 24, 2019. Retrieved June 30, 2020.
- Cayón, David (March 18, 2011). "Telefe comienza a transmitir en digital terrestre". El Cronista (in Spanish). Archived from the original on March 21, 2011.
- "Registro de Señales: Telefe" (in Spanish). Ente Nacional de Comunicaciones. Retrieved June 30, 2020.
- "TELEFE INTERNACIONAL AMPLÍA SU COBERTURA A TRAVÉS DE DIRECTV". Total Medios (in Spanish). September 3, 2009. Archived from the original on June 30, 2020.
- Vercelli, Ariel (August 30, 2011). "La TDA Argentina y los contenidos para dispositivos móviles" (in Spanish). Télam. Archived from the original on April 30, 2013.
- "EDITORIAL ATLANTIDA ACQUIRES TV CHANNELS". Telecom Paper. September 14, 1998. Archived from the original on December 14, 2014.
- "Telefé adquirió Canal 8 de Tucumán". La Nación (in Spanish). March 27, 2000. Archived from the original on July 1, 2020.
- "TELEFE UNIFICA LA IDENTIDAD VISUAL DE SUS SEÑALES DEL INTERIOR". Total Medios (in Spanish). November 21, 2018. Archived from the original on August 31, 2019.