Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: terror.|
Terror is a state of fear, an overwhelming sense of imminent danger.
- See Horror
Terror could also mean:
- In history
- Reign of Terror, a period of extreme violence, 1793 - 1794, during the French Revolution
- The last weeks of the Reign of Terror are sometimes referred to as the "Red Terror" or "Great Terror"; see below for other uses of those terms.
- Red Terror, a campaign of repression and violence by Bolsheviks in Soviet Russia 1918 - 1922
- White Terror, acts of violence by reactionary groups as part of a counter-revolution
- The White Terror (France), two similar movements against the French Revolution 1794 - 1795
- Great Terror, another name for the Great Purge, campaigns of repression and persecution in the Soviet Union during the late 1930s
- In popular culture
- The Terror (1963 movie), a 1963 horror movie directed by Roger Corman
- The Terror (novel), a 2007 novel by Dan Simmons
- Terror (band), an American hardcore punk band from California
- "Terror", a song by My Ruin from their 1999 album Speak and Destroy
- In comics
- Terror (New England Comics), a supervillain from The Tick comic books, cartoon, and live-action TV series
- Terror Inc., a 1992 Marvel Comics series
- Terror (Marvel Comics), the fictional Marvel Comics character of the 1940s
- Other uses
- Green terror, a tropical freshwater fish
- Night terror, a sleep disorder
- HMS Terror (disambiguation), nine ships of the Royal Navy
- USS Terror (disambiguation), three ships of the United States Navy
- Mount Terror (disambiguation), two mountains
Related pages[change | change source]
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Terror.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.