- a succeeded n times.
- a added to itself, n times.
- a multiplied by itself, n times.
- Note (operator associativity):
- a exponentiated by itself, n-1 times.
The above example is read as "the nth tetration of a".
Example[change | change source]
For the example, addition is assumed.
References[change | change source]
- "Google Answers: addition, multiplication, exponentiation, then ???". Answers.google.com. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- Daniel Geisler. "tetration.org". Tetration. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Power Tower - from Wolfram MathWorld". Mathworld.wolfram.com. Retrieved 2011-11-02.