Tetration is the hyperoperation which comes after exponentiation. means y exponentiated by itself, (x-1) times. List of first 4 natural number hyperoperations, the inverse of tetration is the super root shown in the example
- n copies of 1 added to a.
- n copies of a combined by addition.
- n copies of a combined by multiplication.
- n copies of a combined by exponentiation, right-to-left.
The above example is read as "the nth tetration of a".
Example[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Google Answers: addition, multiplication, exponentiation, then ???". Answers.google.com. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- Daniel Geisler. "tetration.org". Tetration. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Power Tower - from Wolfram MathWorld". Mathworld.wolfram.com. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "The Fourth Operation". Retrieved 2019-09-11.