|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: text.|
Text may mean:
Writing[change | change source]
- a piece of writing
- Textual criticism, the study of different copies of books or manuscripts. The purpose is to find the original, and see what changes were made to the later versions
Books[change | change source]
- a book, a set of printed sheets of paper held together between two covers.
- a textbook, a book used for the study of a subject. People use a textbook to learn facts and methods about a certain subject.
- e-text or e-book
Unit Of Study[change | change source]
- philology, the study of language in historical writings
- literary theory, anything with a semiotic component
- cultural studies, the unit of discourse
Computing[change | change source]
- character (computing) or string data, as opposed to binary data
- a text segment of a program in memory
- Plaintext, the information which the sender want to transmit to the receiver(s)
- Text-based, comprised of characters
- Boilerplate text
Other[change | change source]
- TEXT, an avant-garde band
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.