Tham Luang cave rescue
The Tham Luang cave rescue involved the rescue of twelve boys aged 11 to 16 and a 25-year-old man who became stranded in Tham Luang Nang Non (Thai: ถ้ำหลวงนางนอน; "Great Cave of the Sleeping Lady"), a cave in Thailand's Chiang Rai Province on 23 June 2018. Heavy rains flooded the cave during their visit. The boys – all members of a local association football team – and their assistant coach were reported missing a few hours later, and search operations began immediately.
The rescue effort expanded into a massive operation. After struggles through narrow passages and muddy waters, British divers discovered the missing people, all alive, on an elevated rock about 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) from the cave mouth, on 2 July, over nine days after they went missing. To leave the cave, they may need to learn to dive or wait months for the floodwater to drop in a few months
Over 1,000 people have been involved in the rescue operation, including Thai Navy Seals as well as volunteers, teams and technical assistance from multiple countries  A 38-year-old former Thai Navy Seal died while attempting to return after delivering supplies of air to the cave on 5 July.
Aftermath: the captain of the football team died in 2023; As of 2023, he had a head injury.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Dispatch Live: WATCH | Agonising rescue ahead for Thai cave boys as nation rejoices Archived 3 July 2018 at the Wayback Machine
- ↑ CNN, Steve George and Kocha Olarn,. "Thailand cave rescue: Search teams unsure how to free boys". Archived from the original on 5 July 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
|last=has generic name (help)CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- ↑ "Drones, dogs, drilling and desperation". 30 June 2018. Archived from the original on 2 July 2018 – via www.bbc.com.
- ↑ Scutti, Susan (6 July 2018). "How a lack of oxygen is affecting the Thai soccer team". CNN. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- ↑ Ives, Mike; Paddock, Richard C.; Suhartono, Muktita (6 July 2018). "Thai Cave Rescue Will Be a Murky and Desperate Ordeal, Divers Say". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 7 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- ↑ https://direkte.vg.no/nyhetsdognet/news/bbc-en-av-de-reddede-fra-grottedramaet-i-thailand-er-doed.TIMZfwAuN?utm_source=vgfront&utm_content=hovedlopet_row6_pos1&utm_medium=dre-63ec978e4d811dbc1f98707e. VG.no. Retrieved 2023-02-15