The Black Eyed Peas
|The Black Eyed Peas|
|Also known as||B.E.P.|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Members of this group and its history[change | change source]
- Stacy Ann Ferguson, better known by her stage name Fergie, was born on March 27, 1975. She is an American R&B singer, actress and songwriter. She was revealed by the TV series for kids "Kids Incorporated" and the TV show "Great Pretenders". The TV revealed her talents and she began her career of singer with the R&B trio Wild Orchid which became the group of the Black Eyed Peas. She acted in "Nine" which came out in theatres in 2010. In 2017, Fergie left the group to focus on her solo career.".
- will.i.am (real name William James Adams) was born on March 15th, 1975 in Los Angeles. He is an American rapper. will.i.am rose to fame as frontman and co-founder of the Black Eyed Peas. He has recently left Interscope for a solo deal with Def Jam.
- Allan Pineda Lindo, better known by his stage name Apl.de.ap, is a Filipino American Hip-Hop musician and producer. He was born in November 28th, 1974 in Angeles City in the Philippines, from the age of 11 and he moved to the United States because he was adopted by the Hudgen's family. He began his career of singer and performer in the group "Atban Klann" with Will.i.am, which become the "Black Eyed Peas" when Taboo entered this group in 1995.
- Taboo (real name Jaime Luis Gomez) was born in July 14th, 1975 in Los Angeles. He has a son named "Josh" who was born in December 5th, 1993. He joined the Black Eyed Peas in 1995.
Before they became popular, the group's members were will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo and backing vocalist Kim Hill. She left the group in 2000 and was replaced in 2003 by Fergie. They first became popular with the single "Where Is the Love" and the album Elephunk and their next album, Monkey Business was also successful. They have more recently released The E.N.D., an album that has had the successful singles "Boom Boom Pow", "I Gotta Feeling" and "Meet Me Halfway".
Albums[change | change source]
- Behind the Front (1998)
- Bridging the Gap (2000)
- Elephunk (2003)
- Monkey Business (2005)
- The E.N.D. (2009)
- The Beginning (2010)
- Masters of the Sun (TBA)
References[change | change source]
- Fresh, Mikey. "Fergie Takes A Break From Black Eyed Peas To Focus On Solo Career". Vibe. Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group. http://www.vibe.com/2017/06/fergie-leaves-black-eyed-peas-solo-album/. Retrieved 4 June 2017.