The Cleaning Lady
Premise[change | change source]
The Cleaning Lady is a drama that centers on Thony De La Rosa, formerly a Philippine medical doctor who's now currently working/living in the shadows of modern day Las Vegas. Her reason for being in the US, on an expired visa, is her five year old son, Luca. Luca has a rare and life-threatening medical disorder, for which he needs a cutting edge, bone marrow treatment, which is only available in Las Vegas. Until she gets treatment for her son, Thony makes a living, not as a trained doctor but as a cleaning service worker, alongside her, sister in law, Fiona. After Thony accidentally witnesses a serious crime and is discovered hiding by the perpetrator behind it, Arman Morales, she's offered a job both as a cleaner and a doctor within their criminal organization that could pay well enough to help her son and her family. Crossing into a world of moral grey, Thony begins to live a double life, keeping secrets from her family all the while cleaning up murder scenes and dodging the law.
Cast and characters[change | change source]
Main[change | change source]
- Élodie Yung as Thony De La Rosa, formerly a doctor in one of Manila's best hospitals, but now trapped in Las Vegas as an illegal immigrant due to her visa expiring. She becomes a cleaner for the mob in order to gain the connections needed to procure treatment for her sick son.
- Adan Canto as Arman Morales, a gangster associated with a powerful criminal cartel operating in Las Vegas. He agrees to protect Thony and help her son in exchange for her services as a cleaner.
- Oliver Hudson as Garrett Miller, an FBI agent who goes after Thony in his effort to bring down Arman
- Martha Millan as Fiona De La Rosa, Thony's sister-in-law and closest friend, with whom she and her son live
- Sebastien and Valentino LaSalle as Luca De La Rosa, Thony's son. He suffers from a rare autoimmune illness that forces Thony to keep him hidden from the outside world to protect him from contagion.
- Sean Lew as Chris, Fiona's son
- Faith Bryant as Jaz, Fiona's daughter