The Hateful Eight
|The Hateful Eight|
|Directed by||Quentin Tarantino|
Richard N. Gladstein|
|Written by||Quentin Tarantino|
Samuel L. Jackson|
Jennifer Jason Leigh
|Music by||Ennio Morricone|
|Editing by||Fred Raskin|
|Distributed by||The Weinstein Company|
|Release date(s)||December 7, 2015|
|Running time||168 minutes|
|Money made||$155.8 million|
The Hateful Eight is a 2015 American Western movie written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. It is about eight violent people who, during a blizzard, meet in a inn and learn they may have reasons to fight each other.
Plot[change | change source]
Bounty hunters Marquis Warren and John Ruth agree to travel together. Ruth has a prisoner, Daisy Domergue, who will die when he turns her in. Along the way, they agree to let former Confederate Chris Mannix travel with them, but they do not believe his story that he is the new sheriff. During a blizzard, they stop at an inn. There, they find several more people, including Confederate General Sandy Smithers, cowboy Joe Gage, and executioner Oswaldo Mobray. Bob, a worker, says the inn's owner is traveling. Warren and Ruth do not trust anyone and take all their guns. Warren, who fought for the Union Army, kills Smithers after saying he also killed Smithers' son. Gage secretly poisons Ruth. As Ruth dies, Domergue shoots and kills him with his own gun. Bob, Gage, and Mobray admit they are part of Domergue's gang. Warren and Mannix agree to help each other, and they kill everyone but Domergue. Jody, Domergue's brother, comes out of hiding and seriously injures Warren. After Jody dies, Domergue says she will let Mannix go if he kills Warren. Mannix considers her offer but rejects it. Mannix and Warren kill her.
Cast[change | change source]
- Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren
- Kurt Russell as John Ruth
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue
- Walton Goggins as Sheriff Chris Mannix
- Demián Bichir as Bob
- Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray
- Michael Madsen as Joe Gage
- Bruce Dern as General Sandy Smithers
- James Parks as O.B.
- Dana Gourrier as Minnie Mink
- Zoë Bell as Six-Horse Judy
- Lee Horsley as Ed
- Channing Tatum as Jody
Reception[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "The Hateful Eight (2015)". American Film Institute. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- "The Hateful Eight (2015)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- "Making of 'Hateful Eight': How Tarantino Braved Sub-Zero Weather and a Stolen Screener". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- "The Hateful Eight (2015)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]