The History of Rock and Roll
|Running time||48 hours|
|Narrated by||Robert W. Morgan, Humble Harve Miller.|
|Air dates||since 1969|
The History of Rock & Roll was a radio documentary on rock and roll music. It was first broadcast in 1969. The 1969 version was 48 hours long. The 1978 version was 52 hours long. The History of Rock & Roll told the story of Rock and Roll music from the early 1950s to its day. Producers Bill Drake and Gene Chenault called this a "rockumentary". The show interviewed many musicians.
Other websites[change | change source]
Notes[change | change source]
- "The Reel Top 40 Radio Repository - The History of Rock and Roll Demo". Reelradio.com. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Hopkins, Jerry (April 5, 1969), "'Rockumentary' Radio Milestone", Rolling Stone (30), p. 9
- "Bill Drake dies at 71; 'Boss Radio' inventor spread less-talk format across country - Los Angeles Times". Latimes.com. 2008-12-02. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "93/KHJ The History of Rock & Roll". 93khjhistoryofrockandroll.com. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Hopkins, Jerry (October 4, 1969), "'Pop Chronicles' Chronicle Pop", Rolling Stone (43), p. 34