|Directed by||David Dobkin|
|Edited by||Mark Livolsi|
|Music by||Thomas Newman|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Box office||$83.7 million|
Plot[change | change source]
It is about a Chicago lawyer, Hank Palmer, coming home to Indiana after his mother dies. Soon afterwards, his father, Joseph Palmer, a judge, is accused of killing someone in a hit and run accident with the son quickly defending his father even though they have relationship issues.
Cast[change | change source]
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Henry "Hank" Palmer
- Robert Duvall as Judge Joseph Palmer
- Vera Farmiga as Samantha "Sam" Powell
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Glen Palmer
- Jeremy Strong as Dale Palmer
- Billy Bob Thornton as Dwight Dickham
- Dax Shepard as Attorney C.P Kennedy
- Ken Howard as Judge Warren
Reception[change | change source]
The movie received mixed reviews. It got a 47% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Critics liked Duvall's performance as Palmer. Duvall was nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for his role.
References[change | change source]
- "Village Roadshow Pictures cosies up to Sony". if.com.au. May 6, 2014. Archived from the original on May 12, 2014. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- "THE JUDGE (15)". Warner Bros. British Board of Film Classification. August 22, 2014. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "The Judge (2014)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 31, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]