|Origin||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Genres||Hip-Hop, Gangsta rap, Horrorcore|
|Labels||Kami Kaze Productions|
Lil Corb (deceased)
The group began in the early 1990s, along with members of Scan Man and K-Rock, who were later to be replaced by Project Pat (recently incarcerated at the time). The band shortened their name to The Kaze and released their first and only album, "Kamakazie Timez Up". The Kaze sold about 50,000 units independently since its release in 1998.
Collectively known as The Kaze, the three artists released the album with the production of Three 6 Mafia. The album was to be the only project the group released together. After its release, MC Mack and Scan Man released their KamiKaze label and broke ties with Prophet Entertainment.
Tennessee's first great hip-hop artists, released their first album in 1998. After their second album sold well regionally, they signed with Lourd Records, which re-released All About My Hustle nationally in 2001. Their second album Universal was 2002's KamiKaze Up. At that point, they signed with DJ Paul's Scale-A-Ton, and also created their own label entitled Kami Kaze Inc. In 2003 they released their upcoming mixtape, Remastered, at Prophet Posse . In 2009, the group decided to leave the label on good terms.
Discografia[change | change source]
Studio albums[change | change source]
- Kamakazie Timez Up (1998)
- Kami Kaze (2001)
- E.P. (2018)
References[change | change source]
- http://hiphopdx.com, HipHopDX -. "Project Pat Shares "M.O.B." Album Details". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- Shaw, Chris (Sep 30, 2011). "Off the Top Rope". Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- Goggans, Louis (October 3, 2014). "Throwback Thursday: The Kaze's "Felt the Pain"". Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- "Be A Witness [Explicit] ((Killa Klan Kaze))". 1995. Retrieved 2018-06-17.