|Origin||Braintree, Essex, England|
|Genres||Electronic, big beat, breakbeat, rave, dance-punk, alternative dance, alternative rock, electronic rock, industrial|
|Labels||Take Me to the Hospital, Ragged Flag, Cooking Vinyl, XL, Beggars Banquet, Mute, Maverick, Warner Bros., Elektra, Shock|
|Past member(s)||Leeroy Thornhill|
The Prodigy are an English electronic dance music group. It was by Liam Howlett in 1990 in Braintree, Essex. Along with Fatboy Slim, The Chemical Brothers and The Crystal Method, as well as other acts, members of the Prodigy have been said as founders of the big beat genre which achieved mainstream popularity in the 1990s and 2000s. They have sold over 25 million records worldwide. They named the band after the synthesizer, Moog Prodigy.
Studio albums[change | change source]
- Experience (1992)
- Music for the Jilted Generation (1994)
- The Fat of the Land (1997)
- Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned (2004)
- Invaders Must Die (2009)
- The Day Is My Enemy (2015)
- No Tourists (2018)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Amazon.co.uk: The Prodigy: Electronic Punks 1988-1994 [Paperback]
- ↑ "Liam Howlett - Biography". imdb.com. Retrieved 16 January 2011.