Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: thing.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Thing|
Thing or The Thing may refer to:
Philosophy[change | change source]
- An object, being, or entity
- Thing-in-itself (or noumenon), the reality that underlies perceptions, a term coined by Immanuel Kant
- Thing theory, a branch of critical theory that focuses on human–object interactions in literature and culture
History[change | change source]
- Thing (assembly), also transliterated as ting or þing, a historical Germanic governing assembly
- The Thing (listening device), a Soviet bug used during the Cold War for eavesdropping on the U.S. ambassador to the Soviet Union
- The Thing (art project), a 1990s community based in New York City
Film and television[change | change source]
- The Thing from Another World, often referred to as The Thing, 1951 science fiction movie based on the novella Who Goes There?
- The Thing (1982 movie), a remake of the 1951 movie, directed by John Carpenter, more closely following the original novella Who Goes There?
- The Thing (2011 movie), a prequel to the 1982 movie
- Thing (The Addams Family), television series character, it resembles a hand
- "The Thing", a season 4 episode 17 of SpongeBob SquarePants
- Fred and Barney Meet the Thing, a 1979 13-episode animated series produced by Hanna-Barbera
Comics[change | change source]
- Thing (comics), a superhero in the Marvel Universe and member of the Fantastic Four
- The Thing!, a 1950s comic book series from Charlton Comics
Music[change | change source]
- The Thing (jazz band), a Norwegian/Swedish jazz trio formed in 2000
- The Thing (Jazz Crusaders album), a 1965 album, or the title song
- The Thing (The Thing album), a 2000 album
Songs[change | change source]
- "The Thing" (song), a 1950 song, recorded by Phil Harris and others
- "The Thing", a B-side song on the single release of "Velouria" by Pixies
- "Things", a song by Jerry Lee Lewis from Young Blood
- "Things" (Bobby Darin song), a song by Bobby Darin from the album Things and Other Things
Other uses[change | change source]
- The Thing (video game), a 2002 video game sequel based after the events of the 1982 film
- The Thing (roadside attraction), an attraction in the U.S. state of Arizona
- Thing, terminology for entities in the Doom engine
- Volkswagen 181, an automobile sold in the U.S., from 1968 to 1980, as the "Thing"
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Thing.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.