|Origin||Irvine, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Alternative rock, post-hardcore, experimental rock, melodic hardcore|
|Years active||1998–2012 (on hiatus)|
|Labels||Sub City, Hopeless, Island, Vagrant|
Thrice is an American experimental rock band formed in 1998. They are always changing their sound from different albums. The four members in Thrice are the same four people as when they started 10 years ago.
In 2004, the band released a DVD about the band. In the DVD, it talks about the members. They talk about experiences with touring and being in the band. They also talk about their ideas about the future direction of the music.
Dustin Kensrue, the lead singer for the band, released a solo album in 2007.
Most recently, Thrice have released a four disc album titled The Alchemy Index (volumes Earth, Fire, Water and Air). At the end of each disc, there is a song written in a similar poem style. The last line in that song is always sung in the same way.
Albums[change | change source]
- First Impressions (1999)
- Identity Crisis (2001)
- The Illusion of Safety (2002)
- The Artist in the Ambulance (2003)
- Vheissu (2005)
- The Alchemy Index, volumes: Fire and Water (2007)
- The Alchemy Index, volumes: Earth and Air (2008)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Post-hardcore band Thrice releases opus". The Flat Hat. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- ↑ "Thrice Unload Elements of 'The Alchemy Index' in Our Studio". Spinner. Archived from the original on 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2008-11-04.