Tilly and the Wall
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tilly and the Wall
|Origin||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Labels||Team Love Records |
|Associated acts||Park Ave.|
Tilly and the Wall is an indie pop group from Omaha, Nebraska. Their name came from a children's book called Tillie and the Wall, written by Leo Lionni. They are noted for having a tap dancer, Jamie Pressnall, instead of a drummer.
Band members[change | change source]
- Jamie Pressnall - tap dancer
- Derek Pressnall - vocals, guitar
- Neely Jenkins - vocals, shakers, bells, bass
- Nick White - keyboard
- Kianna Alarid - vocals, shakers, tambourine, recorder, bass
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
- Wild Like Children (2004 · Team Love Records) - CD/LP
- Bottoms of Barrels (2006 · Team Love Records) - CD/LP
- O (2008 · Team Love Records) - CD/LP
- Heavy Mood (2012) · Team Love Records) - CD/LP
Singles & EPs[change | change source]
- "Nights of the Living Dead" on the compilation Ben Eberbaugh: A Rockin' Tribute (2003 · Die Slaughterhaus Records) - CD
- Woo! (2003 · self-released) - EP
- Tilly and the Wall (2003 · Rue Royale Records) - 7"
- "You and I Misbehaving" (2005 · Trash Aesthetics) - 7"
- "Reckless" (2006 · Trash Aesthetics) - 7"
- "Bad Education" (2006 · Team Love Records) - 7"
- "The Freest Man" (2007 w/ The Freest Man (CSS Remix) · Moshi Moshi Records) - 7"
- "Beat Control" (2008) – w/ "Cacophony" – 7"/Digital Download – UK No. 77
- "Pot Kettle Black (2009) w/ "Save Me Now" – Moshi Moshi Records – 7"/Digital Download
- "That Remix Sucks (2009) – Team Love Records
- "Falling Without Knowing" (2009) – Moshi Moshi Records
Other websites[change | change source]
- Tilly and the Wall official website Archived 2006-04-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Tilly and the Wall on MySpace
- Team Love Records
- Team Love Records: Tilly and the Wall Archived 2008-04-15 at the Wayback Machine
- Moshi Moshi Records
- Moshi Moshi Records: Tilly and the Wall Archived 2012-12-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Allmusic entry for Tilly and the Wall
- Omaha City Weekly article about Tilly's residency at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts Archived 2006-11-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Live Photos Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Las Vegas Mercury: Tap Dance Fever article 08-05-04
- Review of their latest release, Bottoms of Barrels, and sample song Archived 2014-02-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Bottoms of Barrels Review on UpBeetMusic.com Archived 2013-04-04 at the Wayback Machine