|Full name||Timo Werner|
|Date of birth||6 March 1996|
|Place of birth||Stuttgart, Germany|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2014||VfB Stuttgart II||1||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:40, 27 January 2023 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23:43, 11 October 2022 (UTC)
Timo Werner (German pronunciation: [ˈtiːmoː ˈvɛʁnɐ]; born 6 March 1996) is a German footballer. He plays as a striker for Bundesliga club RB Leipzig and the Germany national team.
Werner began his senior club career with VfB Stuttgart in 2013, becoming the club's youngest debutant and goalscorer. He signed with RB Leipzig in 2016, at 20 years old, for a used to be club record transfer of €10 million. He set the record as the youngest player to reach 150 and 200 appearances in the Bundesliga. Werner also finished as the league's second highest goalscorer in the 2019–20 season. After becoming Leipzig's all-time top goalscorer, Werner went to Chelsea in 2020 for a reported fee worth €50 million, winning the UEFA Champions League in his first season at the club. He later returned to Leipzig in August 2022 for a reported £25.3 million.
A German international, Werner was a skilled goalscorer at the youth international level for Germany, scoring 34 goals in 48 appearances across the different age group levels. Werner made his senior debut in 2017 and helped Germany win the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, winning the Golden Boot as the tournament's highest goalscorer. He also represented Germany at the 2018 FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro 2020.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "FIFA World Cup Russia 2018: List of Players: Germany" (PDF). FIFA. 15 July 2018. p. 12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 June 2019.
- ↑ "Timo Werner: Overview". ESPN. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- ↑ "Timo Werner". Chelsea F.C. Retrieved 18 July 2022.
- ↑ "Duden | Timo | Rechtschreibung, Bedeutung, Definition" (in German). Duden. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- ↑ "Duden | Werner | Rechtschreibung, Bedeutung, Definition" (in German). Duden. Retrieved 28 July 2018.