Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tokyo may mean:
- Tokyo, a metropolitan area with traditional city at its center and including parts of the surrounding prefectures and islands in the Pacific Ocan
- Prefecture of Tokyo or Tokyo Prefecture, established in 1943
City and Prefecture[change | change source]
The history of Tokyo includes
- 1457-present: Tokyo
- 1457-1869: historical Edo or Edō (江戸), see
- 1869-1943: historical Tokyo Prefecture or Tokyo-fu (東京府), also known as Tōkei-fu
- 1889-1943: historical Tokyo, Tokyo or Tokyo-shi (東京市), also known as "Tokyo City"
- 1943-present: Tokyo Metropolis or Tokyo-to (東京都)
- Traditional Tokyo or the Special wards of Tokyo are 23 cities occupying the place that was formerly the city of Tokyo
Related pages[change | change source]
- List of articles that begin with "Tokyo"
- F.C. Tokyo, a professional association football team in Tokyo
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tokyo.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.