Chong first married Maxine Sneed, from 1960 until their divorce in 1970. They had two daughters, Robbi and Rae Dawn. His second marriage was to Shelby Fiddis in 1975. They had three children.
He announced on June 9, 2012, that he has prostate cancer. He described the cancer "as a slow stage one [that I've] had for a long time." He said that he was drug-free for about three years, during which time he began having prostate-related problems.
On July 15, 2012 Chong tweeted that the hemp oil he has been using to treat his cancer is working and that "he is 99% cancer free". However, on June 16, 2015, Chong stated he has rectal cancer and was "using cannabis like crazy" in order to endure the treatment.
References[change | change source]
- "Actor Tommy Chong gets nine months for selling pot pipes". old.post-gazette.com.
- "Nardwuar vs. Tommy Chong". Nardwuar. YouTube. August 20, 1993. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Comedian Tommy Chong fighting prostate cancer". CNN. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- "Tommy Chong (@tommychong) - Twitter". twitter.com.
- "Tommy Chong: I Have Rectal Cancer". 17 June 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Tommy Chong on IMDb
- Chong's Bongs Gone Wrong A Newsweek article by Brian Braiker about Tommy Chong's various legal problems
- HoboTrashcan's One on One with Tommy Chong An in-depth interview about politics, Cheech and Chong and Tommy's wife and kids
- An Interview With Tommy Chong A Stumped? magazine article by Zach Freeman
- Video interview with Tommy Chong on 'Connected Life'
- Donald E. Wilkes, Jr., "Pot Pope Imprisoned." Published in Flagpole Magazine, p. 31 (December 20, 2006).