Lawrence with Liverpool in 1966
|Full name||Thomas Johnstone Lawrence|
|Date of birth||14 May 1940|
|Place of birth||Dailly, Ayrshire, Scotland|
|Date of death||10 January 2018(aged 77)|
|Place of death||Warrington, Cheshire, England|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He played for English clubs Liverpool and Tranmere Rovers from the 1950s through to the 1970s. He also played in three times for Scotland during the 1960s. He was a twice league champion and an FA Cup winner with Liverpool.
Lawrence was born in Dailly, Ayrshire. He had a son, Stephen. In 2015, Lawrence made news headlines when a BBC journalist asked if he remembered a game between Liverpool and Everton. He replied "I do, I played in it. I was the goalkeeper for Liverpool."
Honours[change | change source]
- Football League First Division: 1963–64, 1965–66
- FA Cup: 1965
- FA Charity Shield: 1964, 1965 (shared), 1966
References[change | change source]
- "HALL OF HEROES: Liverpool legend Tommy Lawrence". warringtonguardian.co.uk. 31 December 2015. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Tommy Lawrence: former Liverpool and Tranmere goalkeeper dies". BBC. 10 January 2018. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Tommy Lawrence at LiverpoolFC.com