Tony Gwynn (May 9, 1960 - June 16, 2014) was an American baseball player. He was a Major League Baseball player for the San Diego Padres. He played from 1982 to 2001. Gwynn was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2007. His son, Tony Gwynn Jr, currently plays for the Padres. He has a brother named Chris who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Padres.
Gwynn died of salivary gland cancer in Poway, California.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Tony Gwynn Player Page". baseball-reference.com. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- ↑ "Anthony Keith Gwynn Jr". baseball-reference.com. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- ↑ Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies
- 1960 births
- 2014 deaths
- African-American baseball players
- African-American basketball players
- Baseball players from California
- Basketball players from California
- Cancer deaths in San Diego County
- Deaths from salivary gland cancer
- Major League Baseball broadcasters
- National League All-Stars
- National Baseball Hall of Fame members
- San Diego Padres players
- Sportspeople from Los Angeles
- American basketball players