Toronto Transit Commission
|Toronto Transit Commission|
|Owner||City of Toronto|
|Locale||Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Markham|
|Transit type||Bus, subway, streetcar|
|Number of lines||149+ bus routes|
4 subway lines
10 streetcar routes
|Number of stations||75 in use|
22 under construction
|Daily ridership||1.69 million weekday passengers|
|Chief executive||Rick Leary|
|Headquarters||William McBrien Building|
1900 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Number of vehicles||1,869 buses, 752 rapid transit cars, 250 streetcars, 214 Wheel-Trans buses|
|Track gauge||4 ft 10 7⁄8 in (1,495 mm) Toronto gauge|
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) runs the public transport system that has buses, streetcars, subways, and rapid transit lines in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Started in 1954, the TTC has grown to three subway lines and an elevated rapid transit line with a total of 69 stations, as well as 149 surface routes (buses and streetcars). Of these 149 routes 148 make 243 connections with a subway or rapid transit station during weekday rush hours.
The TTC also runs a door-to-door (they pick people up at home, the shops or work, and take them anywhere they wish to go) system for people with physical disabilities known as Wheel-Trans; about 5,500 trips are made by this service daily. This service costs the same as any other trip on the TTC even though it is door-to-door. The TTC had 11,235 people working for it in 2007.
Related pages[change | change source]
- Toronto subway and RT
- Toronto buses and trolley buses
- Toronto streetcar system
- Signals on the TTC
- Russell Hill subway accident
- List of Toronto subway and RT stations
References[change | change source]
- "TTC Section One". ttc.ca. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- "Rick Leary to be next TTC CEO, city's transit chair confirms". CBC News. July 10, 2018. Retrieved September 8, 2018.
- "TTC Operating Statistics, 2014, Section One". ttc.ca. Toronto Transit Commission. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- Fife, Robert (July 24, 2005). "Toronto transit chief says searches unlikely". CTV News. Retrieved February 3, 2007.
- "TTC Operating Statistics" (PDF). TTC. 2007. Retrieved July 21, 2007.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toronto Transit Commission.|
Route information[change | change source]
Multimedia[change | change source]
- CBC Archives - audio and video about the TTC.
- 69: TTC station photos
- Transit Toronto's YouTube channel