(Redirected from Tottori, Tottori)
Tottori (鳥取市, Tottori-shi) is the capital city of Tottori Prefecture on the island of Honshu.
It has been recognized as a special city since 2005.
History[change | change source]
Tottori Castle was established by Yamana Nobumichi in 1545. The castle town grew at the base of the mountain where the castle was built.
Tottori was incorporated as a city on October 1, 1889.
The city was damaged by a great earthquake in 1942 and by a great fire in 1952.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Tottori" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 990.
- ↑ Jacobs, A.J. "Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s," Urban Studies Research (2011), Table 3; retrieved 2012-12-18.
- ↑ Tottori castle at jcastle.info Archived 2012-11-26 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2013-2-21.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Tottori, Tottori at Wikimedia Commons
- Tottori website (in English); (in Japanese)
- http://www.torican.jp/en/ Archived 2012-02-29 at the Wayback Machine; (in Japanese)