Reiner was born Tracy Henry in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the daughter of Penny Marshall and Michael Henry. She is filmmaker Garry Marshall's niece. Her mother was married for 10 years to Rob Reiner, who adopted her and raised her as his own. Her mother is of Italian, English, German and Scottish descent.[source?] Reiner's adoptive paternal grandparents are Carl Reiner (1922–2020) and Estelle Reiner (1914–2008). Growing up, 15 of Reiner's relatives were employed at labs run by the United States Atomic Energy Commission.
Reiner is married and has five children.
References[change | change source]
- "Tracy Reiner Biography (1964-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved September 14, 2014.
- LaSalle, Mick (January 8, 2011). "This Jewish boy's life will make you laugh (and get a bit verklempt?)". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Pearlman, Jeff (May 28, 2014). "Tracy Reiner". Jeff Pearlman. Archived from the original on October 29, 2014. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- "2014 UMFF Chairwoman: Tracy Reiner". Universe Multicultural Film Festival. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Edwin, Bruce (2011). "Hollywood Royalty: Tracy Reiner". The Hollywood Sentinel. Retrieved September 14, 2014.