Chris Tyler Brown performing with Trapt in 2007
|Origin||Los Gatos, California, U.S.|
|Labels||Eleven Seven Music, Warner Bros.|
|Chris Taylor Brown|
Dylan Thomas Howard
Aaron 'Monty' Montgomery
- 1 History
- 1.1 Formation and early years (1997-1998)
- 1.2 Amalgamation, Glimpse EP and Warner Bros. Records (1999-2001)
- 1.3 Trapt (2002-2003)
- 1.4 Trapt EP and Someone In Control (2004-2006)
- 1.5 Only Through the Pain (2007-2009)
- 1.6 No Apologies and compilation album (2010-2011)
- 1.7 Reborn (2012-2013)
- 1.8 re-releases and DNA (2014-present)
- 2 Band members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Tours
- 5 Other websites
History[change | change source]
Formation and early years (1997-1998)[change | change source]
The band was formed in 1997 when the members met each other in high school in the mid-'90s and shortly thereafter developed an act with vocalist Chris Taylor Brown, guitarist Simon Ormandy, bassist Peter Charell and drummer David Stege.
Amalgamation, Glimpse EP and Warner Bros. Records (1999-2001)[change | change source]
In 1999, Trapt independently released Amalgamation. In 2000, Trapt also independently released Glimpse EP. Also in 2000, David Stege left the band and was replaced by Robin Diaz. In 2001, Trapt signed with Warner Bros. Records. Also in 2001, Robin Diaz left the band and was replaced by Aaron Montgomery.
Trapt (2002-2003)[change | change source]
Trapt starting working on their debut album in 2001. Trapt released their self-titled debut album, Trapt, on November 5, 2002. Their self-titled album featured the band's best known song is "Headstrong" which reached #16 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Trapt EP and Someone In Control (2004-2006)[change | change source]
In early 2004, Trapt started to working on their second studio album to release in fall of that year, but got delayed into early 2005, then delayed once again to fall 2005. Also in 2004, Trapt released a self-titled three track EP. The three tracks were Made of Class and Echo from the debut album and the previously unreleased, Promise.
On September 13, 2005, Trapt released the second studio album, Someone In Control. It's single, "Stand Up" reached No. 3 on the US Mainstream Rock chart.
Only Through the Pain (2007-2009)[change | change source]
Their live album, Trapt Live was released in 2007. In 2008, Simon Ormandy left the band and was replaced by Robb Torres. Trapt's third studio album, Only Through the Pain was released on August 5, 2008.
No Apologies and compilation album (2010-2011)[change | change source]
Trapt's fourth studio album, No Apologies was released on October 12, 2010. In 2011, Trapt released a compilation album called Headstrong.
Reborn (2012-2013)[change | change source]
In 2012, Aaron Montgomery left the band and was replaced by Dylan Howard. Reborn was released on January 22, 2013.
re-releases and DNA (2014-present)[change | change source]
On February 7, 2014, Trapt re-released Amalgamation and Glimpse EP. On June 15, 2014, they started working on their sixth studio album. DNA was released on August 19, 2016.
Band members[change | change source]
- Chris Taylor Brown – lead vocals (1997–present)
- Pete Charell – bass (1997–present)
- Travis Miguel - lead guitar (2013–present)
- Dylan Thomas Howard - drums (2012–present)
- Simon Ormandy - lead guitar (1997–2008)
- David Stege - drums (1997–2000)
- Robin Diaz - drums (2000–2001)
- Aaron "Monty" Montgomery - drums, percussion (2001–2012)
- Robb Torres - lead guitar (2008–2013)
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
- Trapt (2002)
- Someone in Control (2005)
- Only Through the Pain (2008)
- No Apologies (2010)
- Reborn (2013)
- DNA (2016)
Tours[change | change source]
- Trapt Tour (2002-2003)
- Someone in Control Tour (2005-2007)
- Only Through The Pain Tour (2008-2009)
- No Apologies Tour (2010-2011)
- Reborn Tour (2013-2014)
- DNA Tour (2016-2017)