Scott performing at the Openair Frauenfeld in 2019
Jacques Berman Webster II
April 30, 1991
|Partner(s)||Kylie Jenner (2017–2019)|
Jacques Berman Webster II (born April 30, 1991), known professionally as Travis Scott (formerly stylized as Travi$ Scott), is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer from Missouri City, Texas. Scott's musical style has been described as a fusion of traditional hip hop, lo-fi and ambient.
In 2012, Scott signed his first major-label deal with Epic Records. In November of the same year, Scott signed a deal with Kanye West's GOOD Music, as part of its production wing Very GOOD Beats. In April 2013, Scott signed a record deal with T.I.'s Grand Hustle imprint. Scott's first full-length project, the mixtape Owl Pharaoh, was self-released in 2013. It was followed with a second mixtape, Days Before Rodeo, in August 2014. His debut studio album, Rodeo (2015), was led by the hit single "Antidote". His second album, Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight (2016) became his first number one album on the Billboard 200. The following year, Scott released a collaborative album with Quavo titled Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho under the group name Huncho Jack.
In 2018, his highly anticipated Astroworld was released to widespread critical acclaim and produced his first Billboard Hot 100 number one single, "Sicko Mode". In late 2019, Scott's record label Cactus Jack Records released the compilation album JackBoys which became the first number one album on the Billboard 200 of the 2020s. As of 2020, Scott has sold over 45 million certified records in the US alone. He has been nominated for six Grammy Awards and won a Billboard Music Award.
The Travis Scott meal helped boost McDonald's sales in September 2020.
Discography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Kellman, Andy. "Travis Scott Biography". AllMusic. Archived from the original on June 26, 2019. Retrieved January 16, 2020.
- "Travis Scott Announces New Label "Cactus Jack Records"". HotNewHipHop.com. Archived from the original on March 6, 2017. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- "Travis Scott Plans To Lead New Label, Cactus Jack Records". vibe.com. Archived from the original on March 8, 2017. Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- Bonner, Mehera (October 29, 2019). "Okay, Here's Why Travis Scott Doesn't Go by His Real Name". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- "Jacques Bermon Ii Webster on Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997". Texas Birth Index. Family Search. Retrieved June 24, 2020.
- "Travis Scott Scores First Billboard Hot 100 Leader: 'What's More 'Sicko Mode' Than Going No. 1?!'". Billboard. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- "Gold & Platinum". RIAA. Retrieved February 2, 2020.
- "Travis Scott Thanks Fans for Support on 2-Year Anniversary of 'Astroworld' Release". Complex. August 4, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Travis Scott at Wikimedia Commons