Treaty of Shimonoseki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Main terms of the treaty[change | change source]
- Korea was not a vassal-state under China. Korea would became an independent nation.
- China had to give Japan 200 million taels.
- Formosa, the Pescadores and the Liaotung Peninsula ceded to Japan.
- Chungking, Soochow, Hangchow and Shashih had to be opened for Japanese trading.
- Japanese people were allowed to build industries and sell their products in China.
Other websites[change | change source]