Twenty One Pilots
Twenty One Pilots
|Origin||Columbus, Ohio, United States|
|Labels||Fueled by Ramen|
Twenty One Pilots (often written as twenty one pilots or TØP) is an American band from Columbus, Ohio. The band was formed in 2009. Its members are Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. They put out two albums that they released themselves, Twenty One Pilots in 2009 and Regional at Best in 2011, before being signed by Fueled by Ramen in 2012. Their first album through a record label, Vessel, was released with Fueled by Ramen in 2013. Their next album, Blurryface, was released on May 15, 2015 through the same label. There was also rumors of a new album release with an email to their fans that had a GIF of a horse galloping through an eye that had the caption, "ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING?" Leading to many theories that their year-long hiatus had ended. The theories were right, and the band released two songs not too long after, coming from the studio album going by the name Trench, which has a yellow theme, and was released on the 5th of October, 2018. They released a single named "Level of Concern" on April 9, 2020. They released four singles which are named "Shy Away", "Choker", "Saturday" and "The Outside". in 2021, and also an album, named Scaled and Icy on May 21 in that same year.
References[change | change source]
- "Twenty One Pilots Release New Single "Fairly Local"". samusicscene.co.za. Retrieved July 9, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- xxivmagazine. "INTERVIEW: Twenty One Pilots". XXIV Magazine. Archived from the original on July 9, 2015. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- "Twenty One Pilots projected to top Billboard charts". The Columbus Dispatch. Archived from the original on August 2, 2017. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- "THE PERMANENT RAIN PRESS". thepermanentrainpress.com. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- Von Einem, Johnny (January 20, 2014). "INTERVIEW: Twenty One Pilots". XXIV Magazine. Archived from the original on July 9, 2015. Retrieved May 12, 2015.
- Lamb, Bill (29 May 2015). "US Pop Music Charts May 28, 2015". About.com. About.com. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015.
- Hartshorn, Kristel (19 September 2014). "Twenty One Pilots talk music, 'Quiet is Violent' tour and keeping fans entertained". Cleveland. Advance Ohio. Archived from the original on 24 March 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Carter, Emily (14 February 2016). "22 Artists Shaping the Future of Rock". Kerrang!. Bauer Consumer Media. Archived from the original on 14 July 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Etchison, Amanda (4 September 2014). "Twenty One Pilots comes home to two full houses". The Lantern. The Lantern. Archived from the original on 9 September 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "With debut album set for release, Columbus duo Twenty One Pilots poised to break out". The Columbus Dispatch. October 18, 2012. Archived from the original on May 20, 2016. Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- "iTunes Music Twenty One Pilots". Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- "Twenty One Pilots Biography Billboard". Archived from the original on October 16, 2013. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Review of Vessel, Allmusic
- twenty one pilots - Level of Concern (Official Video), retrieved 2020-04-14
- "Twenty One Pilots do battle in video for new single 'Choker'". NME. 2021-04-30. Retrieved 2021-05-08.
Other websites[change | change source]
Find more about
Twenty One Pilots
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Data from Wikidata|