Twenty One Pilots
|Twenty One Pilots|
Twenty One Pilots in Bangkok in 2015
|Origin||Columbus, Ohio, United States|
|Labels||Fueled by Ramen|
Twenty One Pilots (often written as twenty one pilots or tøp) is an American band from Columbus, Ohio. The band was formed in 2009. Its members are Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. They put out two albums that they released themselves, Twenty One Pilots in 2009 and Regional at Best in 2011, before being signed by Fueled by Ramen in 2012. Their first album through a record label, Vessel, was released with Fueled by Ramen in 2013. Their next album, Blurryface, was released on May 15, 2015 through the same label. There was also been rumors of a new album release with an email to their fans with a gif of a horse galloping through an eye with the caption, "ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING?" Leading to many theories that their year-long hiatus had ended. The theories were correct, and the band released two songs not too long afterwards.
References[change | change source]
- "Twenty One Pilots Release New Single "Fairly Local"". samusicscene.co.za. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- xxivmagazine. "INTERVIEW: Twenty One Pilots". XXIV Magazine. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- "Twenty One Pilots projected to top Billboard charts". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- "THE PERMANENT RAIN PRESS". thepermanentrainpress.com. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- Von Einem, Johnny (January 20, 2014). "INTERVIEW: Twenty One Pilots". XXIV Magazine. Retrieved May 12, 2015.
- Lamb, Bill (29 May 2015). "US Pop Music Charts May 28, 2015". About.com. About.com. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015.
- Hartshorn, Kristel (19 September 2014). "Twenty One Pilots talk music, 'Quiet is Violent' tour and keeping fans entertained". Cleveland. Advance Ohio. Archived from the original on 24 March 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Carter, Emily (14 February 2016). "22 Artists Shaping the Future of Rock". Kerrang!. Bauer Consumer Media. Archived from the original on 14 July 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Etchison, Amanda (4 September 2014). "Twenty One Pilots comes home to two full houses". The Lantern. The Lantern. Archived from the original on 9 September 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "With debut album set for release, Columbus duo Twenty One Pilots poised to break out". The Columbus Dispatch. October 18, 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- "iTunes Music Twenty One Pilots". Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- "Twenty One Pilots Biography Billboard". Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Review of Vessel, Allmusic