Twink is a gay slang term. It describes a young or young-looking gay man in the 18–21 age range. A twink has a slender build. He has little or no body or facial hair. The term is sometimes used in a derogatory and pejorative manner by bears.
The twink's namesake is the Hostess Twinkie, a golden-colored, phallic-shaped, cream-filled snack cake thought to have little nutritional value. Qualifiers such as muscle or femme have narrowed the meaning of twink to a more specific type.
References[change | change source]
- "2008 Golden Dickie Award Winners". Rad Video. 2006. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- ""His movies were Cobra's best selling. He was in four titles for them. And all four were on their Top 10 list of best sellers of all time."" "Jason: About Brent Corrigan- final". Archived from the original on 2005-10-26.
- "Corrigan was born in Lewiston, Idaho and grew up in the suburbs of Seattle" The Traci Lords of the gay industry tells his story; claims the owner of Cobra knew he was underage
- McGinniss, Joe. 2007. Never Enough. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 0743296362. p. 280.
- Herbst, Philip. 2001. Wimmin, Wimps & Wallflowers: An Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Gender. Intercultural Press. ISBN 1877864803. p. 23.
- Wright, Les. 2001. The Bear Book II: Further Readings in the History and Evolution of a Gay Subculture. Haworth Press. ISBN 0789006367. p. 8
- Baker, Paul. 2002. Polari - The Lost Language of Gay Men. Routledge. ISBN 0415261805.
- Scott Jacobson, Todd Levin, Jason Roede. 2010. Sex: Our Bodies, Our Junk. Random House, Inc. ISBN 0307592162, 9780307592163. pp. 204-5.