|Slogan||'Ukraine's first international TV news network'|
|Launched||August 24, 2014|
|Eutelsat Hotbird||13 E, 11623 MHz Vertical, 27.5 Mbaud|
|Live stream||YouTube stream|
Ukraine Today is a satellite television channel from Ukraine. It broadcasts in English. In the future it will broadcast in Russian. It is owned by 1+1 Media Group. The channel's headquarters is in Kyiv.
Beginning[change | change source]
Ukraine Today began on the 14th August 2014, live on YouTube and the Eutelsat Hotbird satellite. It showed a testcard and words telling people how to receive the channel. On Independence Day in Ukraine, the 24th August, the channel launch officially, and began to show news.
Format[change | change source]
Ukraine Today says that it focuses on Ukrainian current affairs, EU expansion, Russia's relations with Europe and America, and the difficulties of building a country in the 21st century.
Ukraine Today started broadcasting with a Euronews-style, with no presenters or studio, just videos of the news. Once more staff are employed, Ukraine Today will become a more traditional channel with a studio and presenters.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "International news channel Ukraine Today can start broadcasting August 24". ITARTASS News Agency. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- ↑ "Ukraine Today homepage". Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- ↑ "Ukraine Today Facebook page". Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- ↑ "Kiev Launches English Language TV Channel Ukraine Today". RIA Novosti. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- ↑ "1+1 Media launches international television news channel" (in Ukrainian). TSN. 21 July 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website
- 1+1 Media Group page
- Today Video at YouTube
- @uatodaytv on Twitter
- Ukraine Today on Facebook
- Ukraine Today on VKontakte