Umberto Pettinicchio (born 1943) is an Italian painter and sculptor. He was born in Torremaggiore, a town in Apulia. Later, he moved to Milan. In Milan he studied art at the Accademia di Brera. He had his first exhibition in 1969. His early paintings were in the expressionist style. His later paintings were more abstract. His 1981 painting The Death of the Bull is held in the Museo de Arte Moderno y Contemporáneo de Santander y Cantabria.
References[change | change source]
- Carella, Elvira (31 January 2010). "Le colline della Brianza e i suoi stupendi campanili sono la mia ispirazione". Il Giorno. Retrieved 8 March 2017 (in Italian).
- Genova, Giorgio Di (2007). Storia dell'arte italiana del '900. Edizioni Bora. p. 1451.
- Los Cuadernos del norte. Caja de Ahorros de Asturias. 1983. p. 103.
- Scantamburlo, Elisabetta (curator). Catalog: Milano Art Design, 21 May–30 October 2015, p. 24
- Museo de Arte Moderno y Contemporáneo de Santander y Cantabria. Umberto Pettinicchio.