|April 1, 2001|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
Plot summary[change | change source]
River's father left his wife and son when the son is three years old. He goes out to get a pizza and does not come back. His mother's uncle moves in and becomes "Uncle Daddy". Rivers is living a normal life for a nine year old boy when his father returns after being gone for six years. The return of Rivers father threatens to tear the family apart until Uncle Daddy has a near fatal heart attack. Rivers and his parents come together to support Uncle Daddy.
Awards[change | change source]
Notes[change | change source]
- "The Christophers, Inc". Archived from the original on 2008-11-26. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Cara Falcetti; Blanchard, Mary Warner (2006). Poets for Young Adults: Their Lives and Works. Westport, Conn: Greenwood Press. pp. p90. ISBN 0-313-32884-6.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) CS1 maint: Extra text (link)
References[change | change source]
- Sutton, Roger (July/August 2001). Horn Book Magazine Vol. 77 (Issue 4): p450. ISSN 00185078.
- Piehler, Heide (May 2001). "Uncle Daddy (Book Review)". School Library Journal Vol. 47 (Issue 5): p149. ISSN 03628930.
- Hurst, Carol Otis (August/September 2001). "Into the Unknown". Teaching Pre K-8 Vol. 32 (Issue 1): p110. ISSN 08914508.
- Johnson, Nancy J (March 1, 2002). "Intergenerational". Reading Teacher: p602. ISSN 0034-0561.