United 93 (movie)
United 93 is a 2006 biographical drama-thriller movie written, co-produced and directed by Paul Greengrass. It is about the events aboard United Airlines Flight 93, which was hijacked during the September 11 attacks.
The movie was made with the help of all of the passengers' families.
Jeremy Glick leads the charge towards a stunned Haznawi, who is quickly subdued and beaten by Glick and Nacke, while Bingham crushes his skull with a fire extinguisher, killing him. the passengers push the cart back into him and a scared Nami is tackled and after gouging out his eyes, Glick snaps Nami's neck, killing him. A terrified Jarrah and Ghamdi realize they would fail in their mission, and the passengers storm the cockpit, and struggle fiercely with Ghamdi and Jarrah. Ghamdi tries to protect Jarrah but the passengers overpower him, as Burnett begins choking out Jarrah. As the passengers and hijackers wrestle for control, the aircraft inverts and crashes.
References[change | change source]
- Barra, Allen. "Historical Film: It's Time to See a Movie We Couldn't Bear to Go To"[permanent dead link]. American Heritage, November/December 2006.
- Heath, Iver (January 1, 2006). "Four Years On, a Cabin's-Eye View of 9/11". New York Times.
- (March 29, 2006). "September 11 plane drama to open NY film festival"[permanent dead link]. Reuters article.
- (April 10, 20??). "A Dark Day Revisited". Newsweek.
- "United 93 (2006)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. July 6, 2006. Retrieved June 10, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Boorstin, Julia (January 8, 2006). "MSNBC". NBC News. Retrieved June 10, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)