University of Buenos Aires
Coordinates: 34°35′59″S 58°22′23″W / 34.59972°S 58.37306°W
Universidad de Buenos Aires
|Motto||Argentum virtus robur et studium (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Argentine virtue is strength and study|
|Budget||US$700 million (2015)|
University of Buenos Aires (Spanish: Universidad de Buenos Aires, UBA) is an Argentine public national university based in the city of Buenos Aires. It was founded on August 12, 1821 by the governor of the province of Buenos Aires, Martín Rodríguez, and his government minister, Bernardino Rivadavia. The UBA is the largest university in Argentina and is considered to be one of the most prestigious study centers in America and the world. According to the bases of its university statute, "it is a public law entity whose aims are: the promotion, dissemination and preservation of culture [...] being in direct and permanent contact with universal thought and paying particular attention to the Argentine problems"
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "En 2015 se sigue ampliando el presupuesto para las universidades públicas". www.ambito.com.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 University of Buenos Aires, 2004 Academic Staff Census
- ↑ "2012 Student Census".[permanent dead link]
- ↑ "Más alumnos extranjeros eligen cursar posgrados en la UBA". www.lanacion.com.ar. May 2, 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website Archived 2007-11-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Argentine government website for international students Archived 2008-06-11 at the Wayback Machine