University of Nottingham
Sapientia urbs conditur
|Established||1798 (became a London university college 1881, separated from University of London 1948)|
|Chancellor||Professor Fujia Yang|
The University of Nottingham is a university in the city of Nottingham, in the United Kingdom. It has four different sites in the United Kingdom. It also has a site in China and a site in Malaysia. It was named the 'University of the Year' in 2006 by the London newspaper, The Times.
The University of Nottingham is ranked in the UK's Top 10 and the World's Top 100 universities by the Academic Ranking of World Universities and the Times Higher Education - Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings.
Associations[change | change source]
Nottingham University is the fifth largest university in the UK. It is a member of:
- the Russell Group,
- Universitas 21,
- the Association of Commonwealth Universities,
- and the European University Association.
References[change | change source]
- "http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/finance/fin_stats_2006.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-04-13. External link in
- "Table 0a - All students by institution, mode of study, level of study, gender and domicile 2006/07" (Microsoft Excel spreadsheet). Higher Education Statistics Agency. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency, Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- "The Russell Group". Retrieved 2007-11-10.
- "The University of Nottingham". Universitas 21. Retrieved 2007-11-10. External link in
- Association of Commonwealth Universities, Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- European University Association, Retrieved 2008-6-24.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to University of Nottingham at Wikimedia Commons