- What do I do to start?
- Are you still here?
- Hi, Stewi101015 - Start by reading our Five Pillars document. It's a great starting place for new users to begin reading about Wikipedia, it's core beliefs and policies, and how you can start contributing. Please let me know if you have any questions. Welcome to Wikipedia, by the way! It's great to have new editors here who want to start making positive improvements here :-) ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 23:19, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
- What does "(responding to AN thread)" mean? Stewi101015 (talk) 23:24, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
- Am I doing things OK so far? Stewi101015 (talk) 23:32, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Stewi101015. I think you're doing fine. The "(responding to AN thread)" text you saw was the edit summary that I typed in order to summarize and describe that my edit was doing... I was responding to your message on the AN (Admin Noticeboard). It allows other editors to quickly understand what your edit is doing should they need to look at it later. Please let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to answer them. You sure learn quick :-) ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 01:20, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
Peel Commission Page
Hello! Is this the right talk page for the person who edited the Peel Commission ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_Commission I've attached more sources, in the actual documents of the proposition of the partition of Palestine it includes the information that I cited. Hope that clears some things up! Hopefully there are no other issues... Feel free to edit away, but that information is accurate.
- (talk page stalker) Are you talking to me, or the "188.8.131.52" editor? Stewi101015 (talk) 00:55, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
WARNING: YOU BROKE WIKIPEDIA! (Just kidding!) Hello Oshwah. An infinite redirect loop was created with your recent edits to Sega Mega Drive which now redirects to Sega Genesis (which already contained a redirect the other way). I'm going to remove the redirect from the Sega Mega Drive which should resolve the issue. I'm mentioning this to you because you were the last editor to change the page, and might still be watching it. Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 03:42, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Etamni - Awesome! I didn't realize that a redirect loop was created; thanks for noticing and for fixing :-) ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 20:48, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
Your QD request on precentral gyrus
Hi, Oshwah. I deleted this article, but for a different reason than you specified. (It was an unsimplified copy of the enwiki article on postcentral gyrus.) The article on the other website was actually copied from English Wikipedia, not the other way around. That is allowed as long as credit is given, which it was (at the bottom of the other website). You might not have known that other sites can do that. You might also not know that there are sites that purposefully mirror Wikipedia, which is also allowed if credit is given. When you see an article here that looks the same as something on another website, please check to see if either site has copied it legitimately. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 03:55, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Auntof6! Thanks for leaving me this message and for letting me know a few things about the QD process. I thought that I checked to see if it the site was a mirror, but I must have missed something like a bone head. Anyways, I appreciate the message and I'll make note not to screw up checking for false positives as far as mirroring Wikipedia goes :-) ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 13:06, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
- @184.108.40.206: By "normal" do you mean the regular English one? Krett12 (talk) 01:25, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
You are going to block me ):
You are going to block a newbie like me because i don´t really know how to use wikipedia properly. That´s bad ): I´m just following your instructions like any good editor should do. You guys already told me that articles need too be short and the Churcill article was simply way too long so i needed too remove stuff from it. Why don´t you guys just let me stay here and let me improve and become a good editor. I´m pretty sure no editor are pitch perfect from the start. Everyone makes mistakes, that´s only natural so let me stay and become a good editor so i can improve and make great edits. (: — This unsigned comment was added by DogPog1000 (talk • changes) at 10:41, 17 December 2015 (UTC).