Major human agglomerations in asia. 1.East asian agglomeration -east asian human agglomeration comprises of china , japan ,north korea ,south korea,taiwan and hongkong.this agglomeration claims a population of about 1600 million or 22percent of the world population .
- CHINA -is the most populous country of the world with a population of 1364 million or 18.8 percent of the world population.Recent trends indicate slowing dpwn of its rate of population growth .the present rate pf population growth in china has declined to below 1.0 percent .china population is far from evenly distributed ;its south -east coastal region and the alluvial river basins have witnessed heavy concentrations of populations 70 percent while its frontier lands are still empty  in china the rivers valleys of Hwang ho ,Yangtezekiang and sikiang have great clustering of populations .its 48 percent population resides in urban centres there are more than 40 metropolitan cities in the country .about 50 percent live in rural areas and are mostly engaged in primary agricultural activities .
- HONGKONG -a city state in under china with 7 million population is highly populated area having density of po[ulation above 6600 persons per sqaure kilometres.
- JAPAN -the only developed industrial country of asia has a highly developed economy where industrialization ,modernization and urbanization have greatly changed the country`s demographic scenario its present population is 127 million and annual birth rate is below 1 percent.japan is passing through low stationary population of demographic transition with low birth rate and death rate .
- SOUTH KOREA NAD NORTH KOREA south korea has a population 50 million where as north korea has a population of 25 million .they both jointly have population of about 75 million .about 80 percent of population of south korea lives in towns and mostly engaged in secondary and tertiary activities .
SOUTH ASIAN AGGLOMERATIONS
- PAKISTAN -is second most populous country of south asia with 194 million people which is about 2.7 percent of the world population about 80 percent population of pakistan lives in indus valley and is mainly dependent on on agriculture .about 37 percent population lives in urban centres
- BANGLADESH -is the most populous country of south asia with 159 million population accounting for about 2.2 percent population of the world .amongst major countries of the world ,the highest density of population is recorded in bangla desh 1101 persons/sq km.
- INDIA-second most populous country after china with population 1296 million.annual growth rate of population is about 1.8 percent its passing through population explosion stage of demographic transition .'Bold text'
SOUTH EAST ASIA AGGLOMERATION
- INDONESIA -A country of island with population of about 252 million java and madura are hugely concentrated islands
PHILIPPINES -100 million population VIETNAM-91 million population ' THAILAND, MYANMAR, MALAYSIA, SINGAPORE, AND COMBODIA ACCOUNTS FOR 66,54,30 ,5 AND 15 MILLIONS POPULATIONS RESPECTIVELY
- R.L SINGH