User talk:Bluegoblin7/Archive 22
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|« 1||← Archive 21||Archive 22||39 »|
- We brought this up on IRC last night when it was done by DJSasso, you must have not been listening. I still endorse a move of the article and I am heading over to ST now to say that. Indeed, had it been done BOLDly I don't expect there would have been anything happen because of it - DJSasso's reasoning appears to be the lack of discussion - therefore, had the discussion not started there wouldn't have been an issue. However, had there been, we would be where we are now; the move reverted & a discussion started. There's no grounds for blocks or warnings - considering you think of yourself as an established editor and defend yourself against being called a "n00b", you should probably know that. Goblin 16:24, 5 July 2010 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
Simple News Issue 24
Quick Deletion requests
I just noticed you removed my Quick Deletion requests for the redirects Bloody mary and Harry potter. Since I am absolutely not experienced and used to the habits in this wiki I may have done wrong but could you please explain to me why those redirects are necessary?
Kind regards --Thirafydion (talk) 16:10, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Thirafydion, I declined your QD requests because they are quite plausible typos that a user to this wiki may make, and with the pages being marked as redirects it means that the users will be redirected to the correct page (Bloody Mary and Harry Potter) as opposed to viewing an error page. It also means that if someone incorrectly links the page in an article it will still click through to the correct page. Basically, if the redirects are useful then they will not be QDd. Regards, Goblin 16:23, 13 July 2010 (UTC) I ♥ Chenzw!
- Hello again!
- As far as I can see it, you don't need the redirects to be redirected to the right page. You can type in "Naomi watts" in the search field and be redirected to the right article without that a redirect exists. And if someone links the page incorrectly that also means that it appears incorrectly typed in the article and has to be corrected anyway. Regards, --Thirafydion (talk) 16:30, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I do see that point. But if someone links Naomi watts that has to be corrected anyway because last names are written with capitals. And if the link is red that is in my opinion even helpful because you see the mistake earlier than with a blue link. --Thirafydion (talk) 16:48, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi BG7! I've closed your request for bureaucratship as unsuccessful. There is no consensus to promote you to a bureaucrat as there are more people against promotion as people who are in favour. May you want to try it again later. However, good luck for the next time! Best, -Barras talk 10:47, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, Barras. In the event anyone is TPS'ing, no idea if I'll run again or not, but let's see what happens. Last time I pay any attention to the people who said they'd support and/or endorse (that being the whole reason for running when I did) though; hardly any of them appeared :P. Goblin 15:14, 14 July 2010 (UTC) I ♥ Fr33kman!
- Ah, don't worry about it, BG. Bureaucratship isn't all it's cracked up to be. You just wait for someone to post a rename request to keep you busy once every few weeks, or try to stay awake until 4 in the morning to catch the odd RfA. It's nothing really! –Juliancolton | Talk 14:01, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
Out of curiousity why do you prefer to do it that way? From what I understand MediaWiki:Portal is depricated because MediaWiki:Sidebar can handle it? Which is why it was deleted in 2007? I could very well be wrong, I am just curious why your preference. -DJSasso (talk) 15:54, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Feel free to rv if you want, I've just found from running wikis that it causes less problems to use a system message rather than explicitly define it. Also, whilst it's probably not an issue, it does aid localisation as well to define it as a system message - people browsing the wiki with a language other than the default will see their local version of the message instead of being forced to use it (Which is, perhaps, a down-side of having ST defined explicitly... but that needs more changing as it's a custom message rather than system default.) Hope that explains why, but as I said feel free to rv. :-) Goblin 15:57, 14 July 2010 (UTC) I ♥ Nifky!
|Clementina has given you some fresh, juicy clementines! Now enjoy them!|
This was just too fast! <pout>You're too good and too quick at cleaning this place up, you keep on beating me to reverting and blocking!</pout> Anyway, thank you very much for your help here, and I'm really glad to see you around again. :) Sincerely, —Clementina talk 11:57, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Done - Griffinofwales (talk) 00:19, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
Desysop and block
- I'm not blind. It's not like we've not already had this conversation. As I said there, and as I'll say here, I really couldn't care less. I'm happy to lose both and get that
loserfucker blocked and off this wiki, because it's twats like him that give us the bad name. Oh no, now I'm going to lose TP access. :'( Goblin 18:16, 17 July 2010 (UTC) I ♥ Microchip08!
In response to the comments appearing on the dRfA, I couldn't care less. As I helpfully linked on AN, I knew what was going to appear so I don't care. What matters is that knob being blocked. Goblin 18:27, 17 July 2010 (UTC) I ♥ Yottie!
|This user has been blocked indefinitely from changing Wikipedia. |
(see: block log • contributions • deleted contributions • page moves • current autoblocks)
Your block and desysopping
- The word "vandal" was never used by me; you were the one who compared me to various vandals on the wiki. "Rogue" was used in the context of IRC only, to prove a point (That +o should only be given to wiki admins). After opping in #cvn-simplewikis to remove rights from myself and GoblinBot I was de-opped and de-righted before I got chance. Yes, I kicked barras_ - that was for teh lulz and to, again, prove a point. Vandal and rogue on wiki was never mentioned. But, alas, as I say, I couldn't really care less. I'm gone. *poof* Goblin 19:08, 17 July 2010 (UTC) I ♥ Juliancolton!
Personally, I'd really like you to have the opportunity to respond to comments on the dRfA. Would you mind if I set up a section of your talk page to be transcluded? EhJJTALK 09:37, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi BG7! I'm the one who has to bring over the bad message. The request for deadminship on you were successful, this means you lost you rights per community consensus. If you wish to re-gain this tools, you must go through another RfA. Best, -Barras (talk) 08:09, 28 July 2010 (UTC)