- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
Transcription : Question (from User talk:Vermont)[change source]
I would like to patrol, but I do not understand.
There is no tool : rollback, testn° message, return to a version, marked as patrolled ...
Just cancel ?
Best regards. --Eihel (talk) 01:49, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- You can patrol edits by watching in Special:RecentChanges and you can revert changes by clicking "undo" in the diff for the edit. Vermont (talk) 01:38, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- I did not receive a notification, but I received the tools since my tenth change. Bizarre ?! Best regards. --Eihel (talk) 01:48, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- Oh, that's the autoconfirmed user permission, automatically assigned to you. Vermont (talk) 01:49, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- Aaaah Ok. Thanks --Eihel (talk) 01:51, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hello (again),
- I do not see any place to mark a change as read. Does that exist ? When a user has this posibility? Notify me, please.
- Thank you in advance. --Eihel (talk) 01:16, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- Patrollers can mark edits and pages as patrolled, but the feature is not put to much use. Vermont (talk) 01:20, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- Where should I click ? Should we announce ourselves as patroller ? Regards. --Eihel (talk) 01:41, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- It's a user permission. Vermont (talk) 01:42, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Vermont: Sorry to bother you all the time. I saw on Special:ListGrants patrol rights. Do I have to ask for this right? Could you tell me how to proceed, please? I would also be interested in the right rollback . Your answer did not get me too far: what user permission? Could I have a little more explanation (How and where to mark others' edits as patrolled), please? I'm already patrolling on frwiki, WD and enwiki with rollback, without having any problem. Why this feature is not very useful ? It is in frwiki to prevent patrollers from patrolling in the same place. Regards. --Eihel (talk) 02:07, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
You can request permissions at WP:PERM, although you are not yet experienced enough to be granted rollback or patrol rights (you have 20 edits). Marking edits as patrolled really isn't necessary when patrolling recent changes. You can enable Twinkle without any user permissions (well, autoconfirmed). The reason marking pages as patrolled manually (I find it easier to review NewPages when all non-autopatrolled users are highlighted, which is automatic) isn't very useful is because page creation is low, and most pages created are by experienced editors, or are quickly deleted. Anyways, I'm about to sleep and if you leave any messages I'll get to it in the morning. Regarding you apologizing about bothering me, it's no bother; I'm always happy to answer questions. Vermont (talk) 02:16, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- Txs. Yes, yes of course, it is for the future, because the "head" of the Help pages is different from other wikis. So you are closer to England or Europe than to the United States (if you speak French youpiii). Good night or sleep well anyway.
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not change it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page, such as the current discussion page. No more changes should be made to this discussion.