- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
I happen to disagree that is someone is admin on another Wikipedia Project, that it grants them admin status here upon their RFA. Even if they are an admin, we need to see that they can follow the rules of the individual Wikipedia itself and gain trust from that Wikipedia's community --Tsugaru Let's Talk! :) 🍁 21:22, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hello first @つがる:, 1) I am not an administrator on other projects. 2) I have over 1200 modifications here. 3) I started making modifications here over 2 years ago and like you who started on another wiki. 4) My opinion is going in the same direction as you. 5) This intervention is as incongruous as that of the candidate. As a reminder, accounts can vote and anonymous can leave a comment. —Eihel (talk) 01:15, 17 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hi, on the RFA, You wrote "You are new in Wikimedia. If you were an administrator on other projects or made administrative edits, it would be different. Your request lacks a motivation: why do you want to become an admin? This page gives you the functions of an administrator..." I'm saying, as in reference to your qoute
'If you were an administrator on other projects or made adminstrative edits, it would be different', If in this case, if they were an administrator in a different Wikipedia, this doesn't grant them a 'support' vote just because of this, they would need to gain trust in the Wikipedia they were applying for the admin role in. This is what I was saying in reference to your quote. Thanks. --Tsugaru Let's Talk! :) 🍁 01:43, 17 March 2021 (UTC)
- Ah ok sorry @つがる:. But that doesn't detract from my comment: if the candidate were a recognized administrator in another project, especially enwp, I would have qualms about voting against a candidate with just under 1000 contributions. This is the meaning I wanted to give to the submitter. —Eihel (talk) 01:56, 17 March 2021 (UTC)
- Just noting (I won't directly name the candidate) that we once had an user from EN WP, and in their case they were an Administrator and Oversighter (As I recall) on EN WP. They filed an RFA here upon arrival, and it got closed as a WP:SNOW. --Tsugaru Let's Talk! :) 🍁 02:03, 17 March 2021 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not change it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page, such as the current discussion page. No more changes should be made to this discussion.