User talk:Ensahequ/WikiProject Chemical engineering
This discussion has been moved here from WP:Simple talk.
I'd suggest putting something on the page about what your goals are for the project. :) Also, I noticed that one of the pages in your list, Compressor, is a disambiguation page. You probably want to use a more specific link there. Other than that, let us know if you want any information about working on this Wikipedia. I see that you are a brand new user, so you might not understand what is required for articles here: there are several ways that this site is different. The links in the welcome message on your talk page give some helpful information. I also started a sort of list here that mentions some things that often surprise people who are used to the way things are done on other Wikis. Let me know if you have questions, and good luck with the WikiProject! --Auntof6 (talk) 02:23, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for all your suggestions. I added a section about the goals of the wikiproject. Can you check this list and tell me what do you think about it?
- Do you think it is a good idea to create categories with "difficult" names like Category:Chemical engineering, Category:Unit operations, Category:Separation processes and Category:Chemical equipment? --Daniele Pugliesi (talk) 16:32, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
- I think the goals look fine, although "all the pages related to chemical engineering that have not been created yet" is an awfully big scope! It sounds like we can know what all those pages are, which I'm not sure is true. :)
- I don't think those category names are necessarily difficult, but they might need to be more specific. "Unit operations" sounds like it could be a military thing. If I saw "Separation processes" outside the context of this discussion, I probably wouldn't think of chemical engineering. The other two seem fine. If you create a category with a complex name, someone might suggest a simpler name. You can also add a very brief description of what the category is meant to cover.
- One more recommendation: whatever work you do for this project, track it on the project page. We have deleted WikiProjects that didn't have any record of work done. We wouldn't delete any as new as this one, but later on it would be helpful. --Auntof6 (talk) 17:37, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you again. I created a section called "Done" where to track the main achievements of the WikiProject. I would like to involve some student in future to join this WikiProject. Do you have any suggestion at this regard? --Daniele Pugliesi (talk) 00:57, 9 October 2014 (UTC)