- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
I unblocked User:AmphBot because this wiki subscribes to meta:Bot_policy#Automatic_approval which allows an operator to make a trial run and if they pass 100 edits or 7 days of editing then they can just ask a steward directly to give them the bot flag. Alternately of course one of our 'crats can give it to them prior to those levels. I hope you understand my unblock as he can't reach those levels if he is blocked. -Djsasso (talk) 13:39, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's fine. I didn't know it was subscribed there. I checked locally to see if it had begun the approval process, and seeing none, I blocked it. Good catch! :-) fr33kman talk 14:08, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- I meant this wiki as in simple.wiki. If you take a look at Wikipedia talk:Bots it shows that we as an entire wiki are part of that process. :) I have been dealing with it on several other wikis lately getting global bot policy approved on them which is why I noticed. We probably don't need it here anymore now that we have more 'crats active but back when it was only really Creol that was super active he thought we should implement it here and no one really disagreed cause it doesn't hurt anything really. Makes more work for Stewards if anything haha. -Djsasso (talk) 14:44, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I thought I had moved Mount kisco to Mount Kisco and left a redirect, but it doesn't seem to have worked properly as we now have two pages. Did I do soemthing wrong? I have been away so i could be getting rusty. --Peterdownunder (talk) 12:02, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- That's weird!! I can't really explain that?!? Perhaps while I was tagging it, you moved it and then I saved my version. It should have come up with an edit conflict though, shouldn't it? I was going to move it, but saw your move log entry and figured you'd done it after I tagged it. It's a strange one Peter! I don't think we did anything wrong, I wonder if the software has an error that allowed me to save after you had moved? fr33kman talk 12:10, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
No problem, thank you for unblock me :), but if you want to unblock a user you must disable the autoblock ;).Cheers David0811 (talk) 17:16, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Simple News Issue 7
|Issue 7 - 8th June 2009|
67,135 editors, 59,528 articles, 143,118 pages.
- The QandA. Every month, Kennedy interviewed one of the Simple English Wikipedia's editors, asking them about themselves, and their opinions on Wikipedia. It was an exciting insight behind the anonymous face of an online username. Unfortunately, Kennedy has left us, and will obviously not be doing the QandA. Bluegoblin7 has taken it over.
This weeks interview is with Juliancolton.
Click here for Juliancolton's interview!
|The Commander's Choice
The Commanders's Choice. For every edition, Yotcmdr will be chosing articles that need creating, expanding or being attended to. Here is this edition's list:
) 11:38, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
I noticed you deleted that RFD as A4. We may need to add "items" to the A4 criteria to cover these, since currently A4 covers groups, people, websites, and companies. I'll probably start a discussion on the QD talk, what do you think of the idea? NonvocalScream (talk) 03:25, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- Go for it. I deleted it because it was a SNOW and was also one of those cases where most admins understand that it shouldn't be kept; see TRM's comments. We tend to use policies and guidelines as a rough guide, they sometimes get ignored per common sense. But it might be a good exercise to start a discussion :) fr33kman talk 20:54, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- Excellent. I don't intend to change it just for changing sake, but, for me when I'm deciding... "Should it get a QD, should I FRD it?" it is difficult to decide. Most especially if it is a common sense delete, and there is no QD criteria it meets. One is like... o.O Best, NonvocalScream (talk) 00:18, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey. For what it's worth, I disagree that full protection isn't needed. It's one of the most widely used templates on the project, and is transcluded on thousands of pages; as such if it's vandalized, it will take hours for the servers to catch up, and we'll have "PENIS PENIS" on nearly every article. :) Just something to consider. –Juliancolton | Talk 23:31, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'm good either way. My logic was that it was never vandalised for the year that it was semi'd so it probably should be set at that level. I'll put it back to full, but I hate the idea of pages that only sysops can edit except in certain circumstances. fr33kman talk 23:47, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
Sure, thanks. I didn't even know rollback existed on Simple Wikipedia. Tezkag72 (talk) 00:24, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Simple News Issue 8
Goblin 10:51, 22 June 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
Thought it best to respond here ;). No worries, please just get them when you can :). I'm probably going to make the history/page merge today so if it suddenly disappears that's why ;) The plan is to try and get it on the VGA page this week once all the redlinks are gone, and then hope that someone nice reviews it ;).
Goblin 10:29, 23 June 2009 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
Hi there! I've archived the VGA. I would be very happy about your help with the article. I would do it by myself, but you know i am not a native speaker and so it isn't very easy for me to expand/write articles. My grammar isn't the best. I am well informed about Göring and could help with information. If you need help with anything, just ping me. I hope for your help, to re-add the article on VGA. Best Barras (talk) 13:18, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi! Okay; I've got a fair bit of information already. I'll definitely ping you for some more. I'm sorry that the VGA had to end, I'm sure we can make it pass next time. :) fr33kman talk 14:28, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Great :) I am very happy to get some help! Barras (talk) 14:37, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
No Problem! Don't wanna create more hassle. You also may want to look at This editor.Thanks!--Gordonrox24 (talk) 00:06, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot!--Gordonrox24 (talk) 00:20, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- You're welcome! fr33kman talk 00:25, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ha ha. It's all good, we all miss things once and awhile. Thanks again.--Gordonrox24 (talk) 00:29, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
Oh ok! Thanks for the note, I will be sure to do that next time.--Gordonrox24 (talk) 00:50, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- No probs. Every one is new at some point :) fr33kman talk 00:52, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the welcome back. Things have changed quite a bit since I left, hopefully I'll get readjusted and be more active:) Oysterguitarist 04:03, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, things have become a bit more democratic (for better or for worse, lol). It is no longer a wiki where the more established users or the "old" admins reign supreme, but I personally think that's a good thing. Anywho, more than a million welcome backs! fr33kman talk 04:16, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- I promise my reign won't be too bad :p Also, congrats on the adminship! Oysterguitarist 04:24, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! It passed with only one oppose; but I pray that I've proved my worth since then :) seWP is now my home wiki! fr33kman talk 04:31, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey Fr33kman. I've noticed that you've signed up for a SN Q&A. Can you come on IRC so I can interview you? :-) Meetare Shappy Cunkelfratz! 17:11, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
In the future, please do not include the information in the parenthesis like you did here. It could be considered a BLP violation to state those things without sources. Next time just leave it at the fact that it is an active event. Either way (talk) 22:15, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- No problem, I don't think I included anything that was not out in the open or speculative. I'll do that next time. fr33kman talk 22:23, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- The death part was still speculative at the time (though it's beginning to sound like reliable sources are confirming it...), so it shouldn't have been included. Either way (talk) 22:29, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Please consider removing the protection from this article. The article is heavily watched and any vandalism can be quickly removed. Please allow anonymous editors to add content and edit. Thanks NonvocalScream (talk) 01:04, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello, I have unprotected the page, per the above. We do not have so many active editors anyway. I will be monitoring the page; if there is too much vandalism, the protection will be reinstated. If you object, please let me know. Thanks. Chenzw Talk 01:41, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi guys; Nah that is fine. It was a "from experience" and a "don't know how many folk are watching RC right now" kinda reaction. I thought "better safe than sorry". Kinda sad though huh? I mean love him or hate him he's had a large impact on our world. I remember waiting in line to see Thriller. fr33kman talk 02:51, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Beat It was my first favorite song. I would have been like 5 I believe haha. His influence on me got pushed aside by The Beach Boys/Brian Wilson over the years though. Still think some of his early work with his brothers definitely needs to be a part of peoples musical education. To do what he did at such a young age...no better natural showman around. -Djsasso (talk) 05:03, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
--Tb240904 (talk) 20:05, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
David R Merry & Farfellina
Hi again. The two users mentioned are, I believe the same person. I have left messages for both of them regarding other things but I've had no replies. I'm not sure how to request it, so could you have a check user find out if they are the same person. Also, I don't know if what they've written on their user pages is allowed on wikipedia - can you let me know. Thanks --Tb240904 (talk) 00:03, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Howdy... I've unprotected the article per the comments at AN and the above. Please let me know if any issues. Most very best, NonvocalScream (talk) 01:46, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
This (admin only) looks like an article in progress, am I mistaken? Best, NonvocalScream (talk) 01:51, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Not to me. I feel it is inappropriate as it is the user's userpage; it was not a subpage. I also have suspiscions about it given the full human name as a user account name. You can undelete it if you wish; I think it's spam. fr33kman talk 01:56, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Silly me. I just noticed all the myspace links. Good catch. Best, NonvocalScream (talk) 01:58, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Administrative Action Reversal
I've reversed my unprotected and I left a note on WP:AN. Very best, NonvocalScream (talk) 01:59, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not change it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page, such as the current discussion page. No more changes should be made to this discussion.