Every now & then we get editors changing words on the basis of their ideas on what is simple. Words also have to be accurate (we are an encyclopedia).
- Big: certainly simple and popular with children, but a term almost never to be used about living things. Is a giraffe bigger than an elephant? Think about it. It is almost always better to use a more exact word, such as longer, heavier. Is a star big? Does that mean its apparent size or its intrinsic size? Ditto stars being bright.
- Rich: not a good word because it is ambiguous. A cake can be just as rich as a person. However, only a person can be wealthy, so prefer that word. Neither word is on the extended list of simple words, incidentally, so use the more precise word.
- Very: another childhood favourite. In spoken English it is an intensifier, but it has almost no function in prose. It may be the most frequent word copy editors cut out as redundant.
- Die: we all die, but populations become extinct.
- Animal: that includes jellyfish and beetles. If you mean mammals, say so.
- Rare: an essential word in ecology, and supported by definitions in the literature. Steaks can also be rare, but that would not be good to use on Simple.
Thank you for being one of Wikipedia's top medical contributors![change source]
- please help translate this message into the local language
|The Cure Award|
|In 2013 you were one of the top 300 medical editors across any language of Wikipedia. Thank you so much for helping bring free, complete, accurate, up-to-date medical information to the public. We really appreciate you and the vital work you do!|
We are wondering about the educational background of our top medical editors. Would you please complete a quick 5-question survey? (please only fill this out if you received the award)
what kind of source you need ? I am one of erina speaker. And perhap you understood erina is khowar??? no Arniya is second name name of khowar source not erina and if you dont want Erina article simply delete no need to redirect with other language. Kratie222 (talk)
Re this edit: I think notability of this album is now shown by the high rankings on some of the mudic charts. --~~
Questions about cell wall[change source]
Thank you for you change my article, i have some questions about my article, can i add some information that you deleted article information at begining. Why ?
Modern Warfare - Advertisment[change source]
It wasn't advertisement. I was just informing people on MWR. I don't even work for Activision