Welcome to my talk page! I usually reply to messages right here (instead of coming to your talk page), so I suggest watching my page if you're looking for a reply. I watch user talk pages I comment on so we can keep discussions together. I will sometimes change really long signatures left here to save space and keep things neat and clean.
- 1 Okay! :D
- 2 Attack!
- 3 Major Payne
- 4 Kennedy Brice
- 5 Personal information?
- 6 The recent vandalism of List of U.S. state slogans
- 7 Featured February
- 8 A barnstar
- 9 Project!!
- 10 Thanks for *finally* getting rid of those pages.
- 11 About the RFD
- 12 How do I add the [Source?] template?
- 13 Heliodor Píka
- 14 Please
- 15 I need help from this user
- 16 Help
- 17 User:Ivana Oreskova
- 18 A list of basic grammatic Lojban words
- 19 Reminder
- 20 Which vandal?
- 21 Problem...
- 22 I'm filing a complaint
- 23 So Menual
- 24 How you deletet my Mathematics examination ?
- 25 I have been adding sources
- 26 Save article
- 27 Fight 20000
- 28 Thank you
- 29 Thanks
- 30 If I did not write something, then don't say that I did ...
- 31 Email
- 32 FYI
- 33 Child
- 34 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 35 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 36 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
Okay! :D[change source]
Sorry, i thought we should add more and more info here but i now understand that we are supposed to add true info that is simple to understand and that is not taken from another site. I have now learned how to use this site and i will now promise to be a good editor. In the meantime i can help you with some of the articles you have edited. (:
- (Talk page watcher) I think that a REVDEL is appropriate under criteria #2 or #3. Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 16:34, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- I realize this particular edit was about yourself so you can handle it how you see fit, but in the future if you see bad edits like this just revert and send a note to the oversighters list so that a public link isn't made to it giving it more possible attention. -DJSasso (talk) 17:04, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
Major Payne[change source]
- Not really. If you want to develop articles, please give us more than a sentence or two. Only (talk) 21:12, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- "Major Payne is a movie starring Damon Wayans." is not a sufficient article. Only (talk) 21:15, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) If I may, part of the issue is that articles have to show notability. It's possible to show notability in one sentence. For example, "John Major was the Prime Minister of the UK" shows notability because being the Prime Minister of the UK is notable. "X is a city in Y" articles also show notability because cities and the like are considered inherently notable. The sentence quoted above doesn't show notability because notability is not inherited -- no matter how famous or respected an actor is, a movie is not notable just because that person is in it. Make sense? --Auntof6 (talk) 23:34, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
Kennedy Brice[change source]
Could I talk you into userfying the deleted article, Kennedy Brice please. The preferred location would be User:Etamni/Kennedy Brice. I still want to see if I can do anything with this article. Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 05:26, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- I don't personally have an objection, but since it was deleted at RFD, I think it'd be better if others agreed to it. Could you put a request/offer in at the Wikipedia:Deletion review discussion this way others can weigh in? I don't think it would be objected to or controversial, but just think it's the better procedure here. Thanks, Only (talk) 16:34, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
Personal information?[change source]
Hi there. I noticed that my talk page was edited and then rev del'd - is there anything that I need to know about going on here, or is it taken care of? Thanks, --Lithorien (talk) 03:42, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) @Lithorien: please email the admins' mailing list about this instead of talking about it here. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 03:45, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
The recent vandalism of List of U.S. state slogans[change source]
Is coming from reddit, so beware. Also note, how the picture used in the redd:it discussion is in preview, by looking at the left which says "change links". Alexis Ivanov (talk) 22:36, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
- THAT is at 3,777 points? There's a reason why I unsubscribed from /r/funny long ago. Only (talk) 22:53, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
Featured February[change source]
Hi Only! I stumbled upon a discussion we had on Peterdownunder's page back in 2013 (about Big Weekends) and then came across this which goes to show you hadn't completely forgotten about your idea. Maybe we could try and organise it? (Maybe starting next Monday?) I wanted to organise a Big Weekend at some point in February, but that doesn't stop us from running this at the same time. What do you think? All best, --Yottie =talk= 18:58, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
- I'd definitely support it. I just imported the Shakespeare article from En last night...it's an FA there. It'd be awesome to get that to VGA status for his birthday in April. Only (talk) 21:53, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
A barnstar[change source]
|The Citation Barnstar|
|Thanks for your involvement in the Big Reference Weekend 2016 Peterdownunder (talk) 09:41, 24 February 2016 (UTC)|
Thanks for *finally* getting rid of those pages.[change source]
- They were up for no more than 90 minutes. It's not a big deal that they stayed up for that long. Even if it were longer, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Only (talk) 01:01, 12 June 2016 (UTC)
- What does qd'd mean? Why are articles getting deleted? --220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:06, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) Note that you were commenting on a conversation that is a couple months old. "QD" is "quick delete" and is basically the same process that EnWiki calls "speedy delete" -- I hope that helps. (Oh, and the "articles" were likely test pages, which is a common problem here.) Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 14:10, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
About the RFD[change source]
- You strike your original statement and state something like withdrawing because.... But we don't QD withdrawn RFDs. They are closed as keep. Only (talk) 01:17, 12 June 2016 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) However, you must do that using the account that created the request. If you can't do that, then just let it run. Whatever you do, don't vote on it with your new account. --Auntof6 (talk) 01:24, 12 June 2016 (UTC)
How do I add the [Source?] template?[change source]
I tried to change the article on Napoleon and I tried to suggest places for citation by typing in [Source?] link it to Wikipedia: Citing sources and make it a superscript. But it decided to reveal the source things rather than preserve the appearance. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 11:05, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
Heliodor Píka[change source]
What should I do with this article? You declined quick deletion for this article. This is the same material that was recreated after a quick deletion on the 2nd January. Pkbwcgs (talk) 19:42, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
- Again read the policies.
- Creation of content that is already deleted. It includes an identical or similar copy, with any title, of a page that was deleted, after being discussed in Requests for deletion, unless it was undeleted due to another discussion or was recreated in the user space. Before deleting again, the Administrator should be sure that the content is similar and not just a new article on the same subject. This rule cannot be used if the article was only quickly deleted with no request for deletion.
- It specifically says you can't tagged with G4 for an article that was deleted by quick deletion and not with RFD. You're welcome to use another QD criteria if you think it meets it or RFD if you think it's worthy of deletion but outside the QD criteria. Only (talk) 19:48, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hello. I ask you to restore the article Andrey Smagin. The significance is clear. There is an article in the Uzbek Wikipedia. Please restore. I will modify the article--22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:59, 31 January 2017 (UTC)
- If you don't restore, then I will write an article again, but with sources. It is much easier if you restore now--126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:03, 31 January 2017 (UTC)
- Based on teh fact that it's been deleted again by another admin, I don't see the need to bring it back. It being on the Uzbek Wikipedia only proves that you also started an article there; it does not prove that he is notable. The fact it's been deleted here twice and at the English Wikipedia, and likely at the Polish (I think) Wikipedia proves he is not notable. Only (talk) 11:11, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
I need help from this user[change source]
Hi, Only I am new user join about few minutes ago I need help here.(188.8.131.52 (talk) 10:13, 20 February 2017 (UTC)). @Only; this ip is blocked in wikipedia please unblock it.(184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:14, 20 February 2017 (UTC))
- The IP isn't blocked, otherwise you couldn't edit my page. Only (talk) 12:11, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
Hi only, this ip is blocked in english wikipedia 220.127.116.11 can you open this? Please unblock this ip we can write on our talkpage your are admin on both simple and english wikipedia you can unblock this.(18.104.22.168 (talk) 11:27, 2 March 2017 (UTC))
A list of basic grammatic Lojban words[change source]
… is of course helpful, and similar lists like http://lojban.org/publications/wordlists/cmavo.txt are so complete that even the rarest cmavo are listed likewisely, do not mention patterns like du'u/nu … kei, noi/poi … ke'a … ku'o, but only their particular words, and do not give reference links to the detailed explaining but large main grammar manual? --LKreissig (talk) 16:52, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
- that's information that isn't necessary in a Wikipedia article. If you look at other language articles, we don't include dictionaries for them. Only (talk) 16:56, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
- A "dictionary" mostly lists without sorting by parts of speech. For one certain part of speech we have e.g. "en:List of English prepositions". So we can also have a "List of Lojban cmavo" only with the most basic ones and with basic grammar terms included? --LKreissig (talk) 17:36, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
What's wrong with a systematic list of example sentences??[change source]
The word list above might has been imperfect while there're lists like http://lojban.github.io/cll/20/ that teach it more efficiently, but systematically arranged basic example sentences of a language with a specially and uniquely logical grammar which even has its own Wikipedia (jbo:uikipedi'as:ralju) are absolutely encyclopedic!!! LKreissig (talk) 15:06, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- You're welcome to open a discussion about whether or not this type of list belongs at the talk page for the article. In my opinion, though, it's not something that goes in Wikipedia articles. Only (talk) 23:53, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- I've responded and declined to grant permission at this time; you can find my reasoning at that page. Only (talk) 23:33, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
Which vandal?[change source]
- Hey, DMacks: see Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser#ABS-CBN_Out. I think it was Boom87 who targeted your talk page and PCMPAKurat who targeted your user page. They appear related to Christian2941 on English Wikipedia. Only (talk) 11:17, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
Two things- can you check my talk page (I have left a reply) and also, can you confirm if this site should be deleted or replaced, because it has constant vandalism on it and it does not support a lot of information about the topic, in my opinion. Click on this hyperlink to bring you to the page. Thanks, Exotic Cow (talk) 10:25, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not sure where you'd seeing "constant" vandalism to beef. It has had two vandalism edits today. Otherwise, no vandalism has occurred to the article since July 2013, nearly 4 years ago. Only (talk) 10:33, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- If you have problems with the content of the article, then by all means edit it so it's better! Only (talk) 10:33, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
I'm filing a complaint[change source]
So Menual[change source]
- Huh? Your statement makes no sense. Only (talk) 00:01, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
How you deletet my Mathematics examination ?[change source]
It was cool examination! Of almost 300level !
- I used the admin ability to delete pages. That's how I deleted it. Only (talk) 21:17, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
I have been adding sources[change source]
Hey Only, I notice you tell me I have not been adding sources to my Scottish king articles but I have been doing that since 8 AM today, go check them again and tell me if you see sources or not. They are there. Thanks - Georgemiller381.
- @Georgemiller381: You made Leslie House an hour ago. I don't see a single source on that article. YOu also need to follow the format for how to properly insert references as spelled out at Wikipedia:Citing sources. Only (talk) 13:56, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
Save article[change source]
Fight 20000[change source]
Hi Only, Thanks for dealing with that user, Not sure if you're aware but they've blanked their talkpage thus removing the block template so their TP access may need revoking, Thanks again, –Davey2010Talk 20:47, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Eh, not that big of a deal. They're blocked and know why; if they were doing something abusive I'd consider the talk page access revoking, but no major harm if they blank their page like that. Only (talk) 00:53, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) @Davey2010: We don't let IP users blank their talk pages, because IP addresses aren't considered to belong to a single person so they could be blanking something intended for someone else. For registered users, if a user talk page gets blanked, that's a sign that they've seen whatever was on it so we don't worry about it as much unless they remove something about a current restriction. --Auntof6 (talk) 01:17, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
- It's the same at EN as it's obviously seen as they've read and understood warnings etc, I'd completely forgot but I've recently found out at EN removing block notices are actually fine - it's the declined-unblocks they can't (or shouldn't) remove there - not sure why but I have it lodged in my head block notices shouldn't be removed ...., No idea but anyway thanks both :), –Davey2010Talk 01:23, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
Thank you[change source]
Firstly for blocking a x-wiki trouble editor, but also for your level-headedness and devotion to the project - you've restored my hope in this place -- There'sNoTime (to explain) 20:24, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
- Seconded. -Mh7kJ (talk) 20:29, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for blocking Nestor Lozano. --Carmen Melendez 20:32, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
If I did not write something, then don't say that I did ...[change source]
If you within the last 24 hours have paraphrased the following words (of mine), then please take a look at what I said:
"I suggest that you nominate for deletion List of South Korean scientists or the one about the "Kazakstani ones". ... 16:59, 5 August 2017".
Sju hav (talk) 15:40, 6 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hmm, no sign of it yet. I'll keep an eye out. Only (talk) 13:13, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- There is no need for you to censor Jimbo's talk page, in my opinion.
- Many or most wikipedians might fail to see any problems with that interwiki incident (that I have described).
- It might not be totally pleasant for you to read the description of the arguably small incident.
- Is it a positive thing for me to say the following?
- It is reasonable to believe that I have made bigger mistakes in the past on wikipedia, than you might have made, in the described interwiki incident. Regards! Sju hav (talk) 15:04, 12 September 2017 (UTC)
Why did you revert my edit to Child? I don't understand how my edit was not from a neutral point of view. Thank you! SLBHwildcat5 (talk) 20:31, 17 September 2017 (UTC)SLBHwildcat5 SLBHwildcat5 (talk) 20:31, 17 September 2017 (UTC)