Hello WFPM, and welcome to the Simple English Wikipedia!
You may begin by reading these:
You can edit any pages you want! Anything you write can be changed later. You can ask questions at Wikipedia:Simple talk. At the end of your messages on Talk pages, please sign your name by typing "~~~~" (four tildes)
Simple Enlgish[change source]
Hello there, welcome to our small porject. In my opinion simple English can be described quite easily:
- Use shorter sentences to not confuse your readers
- Avoid words that have mamy meanings
- If a word (or concept) is difficult, so that it cannot expalined in 2-3 sentences (or that it is occurring over and over), link it to an article here, or to simple wiktionary.--Eptalon (talk) 10:15, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
I changed the article to talk about the media sciences point of view. Paul Watzlawick was one of the people with this view. I do not talk about apporaches with mainly technical applications (eg. Shannon's law of channel capacity). --Eptalon (talk) 10:15, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
About Electroscope[change source]
Hi, I've seen that an article you've made, Electroscope was signed by you. I've removed your signature because you are only allowed to sign your comments in talk pages and nowhere else; because it might show ownership of an article and it can make the article hard to read.
I've seen in your changes list that you've been in a lot of talk pages and the only other article you've been in, Chemistry had your signature removed too. The next time you make or change articles, don't add your signature to them if the article's title does not begin with Talk: or User talk: or something like that. Don't let signing get too much of a habit! Happy editing and best of luck! - Æåm Fætsøn /ˈaɪæm ˈfætsən/ 08:26, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi there, the article Electroscope was deleted because it didn't use simple language. Here on Siple Wikipedia, we use Simple English, so articles that are complex and use large words will most likely be deleted. All the best, --Isis♠(talk) 15:58, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Okay Now that I've forgotten what I said and dont nave a copy to refer to, since it was deleted, I guess I'll have to depend on someone else to write a simple article about the electroscope. But that doesn't sound like a good way to get contributions to articles, which you people are promoting.WFPM (talk) 16:59, 12 November 2008 (UTC)