how do you type your username?[change source]
- @Thegooduser: (talk page stalker) I use Control C Control V. Unless in casual conversation, when I just type "Hian". Naleksuh (talk) 18:06, 7 May 2020 (UTC)
- Naleksuh Ah, Sometimes I try to look Hian's username up to ask him a question, and luckly it pops up when I type the letter H, otherwise I'd have a hard time reaching Hian --Thegooduser Let's Talk! :) 🍁 18:08, 7 May 2020 (UTC)
recent edit at Together at Home[change source]
pleased to be meeting you, you said my edits at Together at Home are incomprehesible, so please give an account of what about them are incomprehesible. 2604:3D08:D180:4500:9532:DB23:A446:E2EE (talk) 18:33, 7 May 2020 (UTC)
- Hello anon. I'll just make a brief list of problematic additions you made:
- "in addition experienced" is redundant
- "is an of" is nonsense
- "based on history event put in an orderly way" is also nonsense
- I'd be inclined to add back the "keep us together" addition, except the pandemic is not called the "Covid-19 1 pandemic 2", but the COVID-19 pandemic
- "virtual 3 concert" is again nonsense
- "virtual 3 united condition" is also nonsense
- "Covid-19 1" is not the name of the disease, it's COVID-19
- I have no clue why Lady Gaga was removed from the creator parameter in the infobox
- Similarly why the country parameter was blanked
- And why the stub template was changed to the default one from the music-stub template
- I'd be happy to elaborate on any concerns you have. Hiàn (talk) 18:49, 7 May 2020 (UTC)
Wikidata box here on Simple[change source]
I previously raised the idea of Wikidata infoboxes at Wikipedia:Simple_talk/Archive_129#Population_of_infoboxes_from_Wikidata.
Following that I started a draft proposal at User:Bluerasberry/Wikidata box.
We connected a bit at English Wikipedia at en:special:permalink/956000735#On_the_Wikidata_infobox_discussion_@_simple. Let's talk here on Simple now.
I think that the best proposal would be to organize a vote that Simple English Wikipedia participate in mw:Wikidata Bridge. See the call for participants at mw:Topic:Vlrzy9sw6ownhafs, which I think fits simple.
I appreciate your doing anything to help me with this. I think that what I want to do is convert my draft into a list of background links and info for reference, but have the proposal on simple talk stand alone where people can use the background info or not. Also, I think the specific proposal that we should have is participating in the Wikidata Bridge, because that means we get technical support from Wikimedia Deutschland. For social permission, maybe we should cap the first-round deployment to something like 100 instances of infoboxes before proceeding. The arbitrary number does not mean much and individuals may deploy more, but just to set the conversation, I would want people to understand that we can look at this in 100 places and not automatically change tens of thousands of articles. Thoughts?
By the way, I was not expecting Wikidata Bridge to become ready. This was news to me and I thought it was a future fantasy. If it is about to be ready, I think Simple English is a great test case and now is a good time. Thoughts? Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:49, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
- Hi again Bluerasberry. I think that's an excellent idea, and unless you have any objections, I'd like to move forward with a vote within the next month or so. I'll also make some additions to the draft page, hopefully to a suitable state for such a discussion. As I said on enwiki, I think the terms of your initial proposal are fairly reasonable, and the 100 page pilot is probably something the community will back.
- I'm mostly optimistic the pilot will be successful. I know the community isn't keen on massive changes so wider integration beyond the pilot may be a little difficult (though we can talk then). Hiàn (talk) 15:42, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
I was told Wikipedia redirects were to be in caps only? Or is that for Wikipedia rules? I'm confused about this... Because Chenzw deleted WP:perm, because it wasn't in caps, so I thought I had to tag that one too, but I'm cool about you decide to do to the redirect --Thegooduser Let's Talk! :) 🍁 20:57, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
- Actually that makes a lot more sense, now that I think of it. I'm not sure if there's a specific policy related to that specifically so I'll leave it be for now (though any passing admin is free to delete it). Hiàn (talk) 21:11, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
Honest opinion[change source]
- I think you're a reasonably decent editor here, just with some room to improve. On the positives, I think you're an excellent with anti-vandalism, and you have an enthusiasm for editing a lot of us could probably use. On where to improve, I'd caution you against focusing on areas that just aren't particularly important. Content creation is one of the areas I'd ideally like to see you do more work in - as important as things like anti-vandalism or stub tagging are, having active article writers/expanders are just as (if not more) important to the functioning of this project. Article writers that are familiar with the way things work here are some of our biggest assets. Asides from that, I'm also a little concerned you're asking too many questions. That isn't to say you shouldn't ask when you're having trouble with something, or that questions are necessarily bad, it's just that it can be a bit much for some people. Just keep an eye on the number of times you're contacting someone, and think about whether your question is a concern that you can solve by yourself, and I think it'll be easy to resolve this.
- These are just opinions. I don't think these are hard guidelines that you absolutely must follow; you're free to take this advice with a grain of salt. Hiàn (talk) 03:41, 13 May 2020 (UTC)
Y the article is deleted ?[change source]
- @Suraj rajvardham07: My reading of the article was that it wasn't suitable for inclusion here as there was both no credible claim of notability and it was a blatantly promotional spam article. Hiàn (talk) 04:15, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
- It looks like you were blocked in Wikidata for creating similar promotional pages so I suggest you stop doing that here because that may lead to block here too.-BRP ever 04:23, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
Why the article is deleted?[change source]
Hello Respected Sir/Madam,
I hope you are well . I saw that you deleted Yash’s wikipedia page , i think he is notable enough for being on Wikipedia. Please check and if possible restore the page. Shonnapotter (talk) 03:48, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- @Shonnapotter: Absolutely not. The article was blatant spam. Don't recreate it - it will be deleted again. Hiàn (talk) 15:13, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- I've never bothered creating the set of Babel templates for Cantonese, but if you're interested, then take a look at en:Category:User templates yue and bring them over. Hiàn (talk) 22:24, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
did i do it right[change source]
- Looks fine to me. Hiàn (talk) 00:39, 24 May 2020 (UTC)
I just wanted to make sure, I didn't want to get reverted. I now use the script (which I forgot I had) I won't check in anymore unless I can't fix the problem by script or after reading the Help pages. thank you. --Thegooduser Let's Talk! :) 🍁 16:57, 25 May 2020 (UTC)
- Which LTA is this? Hiàn (talk) 17:06, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
For the Ja-1 template is it for elementary level? I am pretty rusty at it, but understand/read most words in Hiragana, like "bento" "Konichiwa" "emoji", etc. Is me using the ja-1 template okay? --Thegooduser Let's Talk! :) 🍁 17:35, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
- Deleted. Next time, please put an QD tag on it instead of going to individual sysops. Hiàn (talk) 18:54, 27 May 2020 (UTC)