Valley of the Kings
The valley is one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. In 1979 it became a World Heritage Site, with the rest of the Theban Necropolis. Exploration, excavation and conservation continues in the valley, and a new tourist centre has recently been opened.
References[change | change source]
- Maspero, Gaston (1913). Manual of Egyptian Archaeology, Sixth English Edition. H. Grevel and Co. p. 182. ISBN 1-4219-4169-4.
- "Theban Mapping Project". Theban Mapping Project. http://www.thebanmappingproject.com. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- Siliotti, Alberto (1997). Guide to the Valley of the Kings. Barnes and Noble. p. 13. ISBN 88-8095-496-2.
- "Ancient Thebes and its necropolis". UNESCO Work Heritage Sites. http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/87. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Siliotti, Alberto (1997). Guide to the Valley of the Kings. Barnes and Noble. ISBN 88-8095-496-2. – A good introduction to the valley and surroundings