|Born||Valtteri Viktor Bottas|
28 August 1989
|Formula One World Championship career|
|2023 team||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari|
|Entries||186 (184 starts)|
|First entry||2013 Australian Grand Prix|
|First win||2017 Russian Grand Prix|
|Last win||2021 Turkish Grand Prix|
|Last entry||2022 Monaco Grand Prix|
|2021 position||3rd (226 pts)|
Valtteri Viktor Bottas (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈʋɑltːeɾi ˈbotːɑs]; born 28 August 1989) is a Finnish motor racing driver currently competing in Formula One for Alfa Romeo, having previously driven for Mercedes from 2017 to 2021 and Williams from 2013 to 2016. Bottas has scored 10 race wins and 67 podiums. He contributed to five constructors championship wins for Mercedes, and has been drivers' championship runner-up twice, in 2019 and 2020.
Formula One[change | change source]
Bottas returned to racing in 2013, as he was chosen as the teammate of Pastor Maldonado at Williams-Renault for the 2013 season. On 8 June 2013, Bottas qualified in 3rd position at the Canadian Grand Prix behind Sebastian Vettel (1st), and Lewis Hamilton (2nd). He scored his first points finish at the United States Grand Prix when he came 8th. This result allowed Bottas to finish ahead of Maldonado in the Drivers' Championship.
Mercedes (2017–2021)[change | change source]
In January 2017 Mercedes said that they signed Bottas for the 2017 season to partner Lewis Hamilton, replacing the 2016 World Champion Nico Rosberg who retired from the sport. Bottas came 3rd in his first race as a Mercedes driver, the 2017 Australian Grand Prix, behind Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton.
References[change | change source]
- "Valtteri Bottas". Formula1.com. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "2022 FIA Formula One World Championship – Entry List". Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 7 December 2021. Retrieved 7 December 2021.
- "Nastolan kunnantalo, kunnanhallituksen kokoushuone - PDF Ilmainen lataus". docplayer.fi.
- Elizalde, Pablo (28 November 2012). "Williams confirms Valtteri Bottas and Pastor Maldonado for 2013". autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- Beer, Matt (8 June 2013). "Canadian GP: Vettel claims pole in rain-hit session". Autosport.com. Haymarket. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Barretto, Lawrence (16 January 2017). "Valtteri Bottas joins Mercedes for F1 2017, Felipe Massa to Williams". Autosport.com. Retrieved 16 January 2017.