|Alma mater||Nottingham Trent University|
Natasha Dalal (m. 2021)
|Relatives||See Dhawan family|
Dhawan made his acting debut in 2012 with Johar's teen drama Student of the Year. The film had Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra also in their debuts. The film was successful at the box office. He became famous with lots of other films such as the romantic comedies Main Tera Hero (2014), Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), and Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017). He was also given credit for Judwaa 2, October (2018), and Sui Dhaaga. However, the success of the eleven films he had was followed by flops of his subsequent films Kalank (2019) and Street Dancer 3D (2020), and Coolie No. 1 (2020), which was a remake of his father's 1995 film of the same name. In fact, Coolie No. 1 (2020) was considered the worst film ever made.
References[change | change source]
- "At Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Wedding, Karan Johar Was Filled With "A Multitude Of Emotions"". NDTV. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "With 9 Straight Hits, 'Judwaa 2' Lead Varun Dhawan Has Become A Bona Fide Bollywood Superstar". Forbes. 13 October 2016. Archived from the original on 3 January 2018. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "The verdict is out: Varun Dhawan is officially a SUPERSTAR!". Bollywood Hungama. 5 October 2017. Archived from the original on 5 October 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Box Office: Varun Dhawan maintains his zero flops record with his tenth film October". Bollywood Hungama. 23 April 2018. Archived from the original on 3 July 2018. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Varun Dhawan adds another hit to his kitty with Sui Dhaaga - Made In India". Daily News and Analysis. 4 October 2018. Archived from the original on 4 October 2018. Retrieved 4 October 2018.