|Coordinates: Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:ISO 3166/data/BA' not found.|
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
Večići is a village in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is in the Kotor Varoš Municipality in central Bosnia and Herzegovina. It spreads across Večićko polje (Večići's field), nearby the mouth of Cvrcka (in Vrbanja river), and Vrbanjci, a larger village.
In 1991 its population was 1744. In 2013 it was 797, all of whom are Bosniaks.
During the Bosnian War, the village was a pocket of Bosniak resistance against the Bosnian Serb Army and Police forces. It suffered severe damages, including destruction of the village mosque. The anthropologist Madelyn Iris noted that
"No home had been left undamaged, and no extended family had been left entirely intact."
Some of the villagers died in a massacre at nearby Grabovica in November 1992 and 150-200 men and boys were killed in the village school. As of 2017 these people are still on the list of missing persons.
Population[change | change source]
|Ethnic group↓/Census Year→||1991||1981||1971|
|Bosniaks||1.110 (63,64%)||989 (95,46%)||771 (95,18%)|
|Serbs||409 (23,45%)||1 (0,09%)||0|
|Croats||221 (12,67%)||46 (4,44%)||37 (4,56%)|
|Yugoslavians||1 (0,05%)||0||1 (0,12%)|
|Others and unknown||3 (0,17%)||0||1 (0,12%)|
References[change | change source]
- Irwin, Rachel (10 July 2012). "Mladic Trial Witness Describes Escaping Mass Killing". Institute for War and Peace Reporting. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Iris, Madelyn (2009). NAPA Bulletin, Passages: The Ethnographic Field School and First Fieldwork. John Wiley & Sons. p. 82. ISBN 9781444306965.
- "Prosecution: 'General Mladic had a hand in crimes'". Sense. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Fena, Agencija (2013): Obilježavanje 21. godišnjice stradanja Bošnjaka u Kotor-Varoši – Još se traži 277 osoba. Avaz, 3 November 2013.
- "Savezni zavod za statistiku SFRJ.